Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!*!* Religion LC15 - Before and After *!*!

• 09-05-2015 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

What do people think is coming up on the paper in June?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mags95

Username44 wrote: »
    What do people think is coming up on the paper in June?

Such a strong feeling that
    Section A- either Plato or the Sophists.
    Section C - interfaith dialogue
    Section B - is so vast
    and I did religion and gender- section E- and I've a feeling it will be the 2/4 schools thought/ two studied women

• Registered Users Posts: 10 thewhistler8

Mags95 wrote: »
    Such a strong feeling that
    Section A- either Plato or the Sophists.
    Section C - interfaith dialogue
    Section B - is so vast
    and I did religion and gender- section E- and I've a feeling it will be the 2/4 schools thought/ two studied women

Anyone else have any more predictions? For section J in particular if you're doing that section?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭joe14

Haven't even started to study for this subject yet,Have chemistry and spanish so after them will start to focus on Religion.Got 19% in the mocks with no work,Should I stay at higher or should I drop. Haven't really done a bit to be honest..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pickyournumber

Section a
    Indifference to meaning
    history of philosophy
    Plato or sophists
    Periods of philosophy
    Divine revelation
    Transcendent
    myth and early cosmology
    symbolism ????

Section b
    Work of christian groups for charity ie just society etc
    Profile two eriters about jesus
    Arrest trial of jesus
    jesus threat to romans pharisees
    Zealots sads pharise
    Reaction of peopel to death
    Reaction of apostles after ressur
    Characteristics of KOG

Section d
    Moral code of religions
    hebrews greeks roman ethics
    charters of morality not religious ie UN dec of human rites
    Common good and examples
    jesus ethical teaching
    Law of love
    Fundementalism relativism (never come up b4)

Religion and science
    Darwin
    Newton
    Scientific method-community religious community
    objective subjective in science and religion
    creation compared
    Dialogue religion and science the ecological crisis
    Stem cell research and life and death euthanisa etc

What I am going through now anyone got any other ideas? Books are rubbish and notes the few we have from teacher crap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pickyournumber

Thought that was a fair exam what did anyone else think? Section j was grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tables

Guessing by the lack of posts on the Pre-Religion exam thread this thread probab won't set the world alight with its popularity, but there isn't anywhere for us poor unfortunates that finished on the last day to vent our distress or happiness with the exam that prolonged our Leaving Certs, so I thought I would make it.I'll start with what I thought of the exam.

Generally I felt it was a great paper, and im very happy with how I think I got on.

Section A.
    I did question 2, as most probably did, I was surprised there wasn't any philosophers (namely Plato) or the Sophists on the paper. Seeing as how the Sophists and Plato were fairly widely anticipated it would make sense they left them off, although the dogs on the street knew Aristotle was gonna come up last year, and that didn't stop them putting him on. All in all I feel the questions on the section were fine and hopefully I get the grade on them that I think I should get.

Section C
    Global distribution question was a gift of 20 marks, in my case anyway. I knew all the percentages and countries purely by fluke of having glanced at it the night before.
    The origins question was one I didn't study but luckily enough being a repeat I just so happened to remember the origins of Scientology pretty well, so I could get a page and a half out on it with a reasonable level of waffle.
    The interfaith dialogue question was another widely anticipated one, and was fine.

Section D
    Moral failure questions were pretty topical I suppose and certainly allowed you to use your own examples, which I think most would appreciate.
    The moral maturity question was just as wide in its scope for personal examples and such. It's a fairly important question to go over in class so I think most would have been OK for it.

Section E
    I was really disappointed no women theologians came up but the gender roles question went probably just as well for me. I would have appreciated 2 40 mark questions instead of the single 80 mark but it wasn't too problematic.

So that's my opinion on the paper and how it went for me. All in all im happy that I did the subject, even if it did extend my Leaving Cert by a week, it certainly is an exam that went well for me. How was it for you?

Advertisement