Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a one-year Visa and leaving after 3 months

Options
  • 09-05-2015 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Random enough question…but I’m thinking about doing a RTW trip next year.

Plan is to head to South East Asia for 6 months. Work in Australia for 3 months and finish off my RTW ticket in somewhere like South America.

The RTW ticket is only valid for 12 months. Just wondering if only working for 3 months in Australia and leaving during the visa would f**k my future chances of getting visa in the future?

I’ll be under 30 when I’m finished traveling but I have a feeling I could easily get the bug and want to return to Australia full time.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Wont ruin your chances to get any visa you qualify for. You will have used up your whv and unless you do your 88days regional work while there you wont qualify for your second whv. Any skilled, sponsorship, residency etc visas you may apply for in the future wont be affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

The option is still open to to do 6 months in SE Asia, then 3 months in Australia, where you could try to get your 88 days done for a 2nd WHV or enjoy the 3 months here, then head to South America for 3 months.

After that you'd still have 6 months left on your Australia WHV1 so could come back and do your 88 days then, securing your WHV2 and coming back when/if you feel like rather than wasting your WHV1.

Work isn't as easy to find here as it used to be as well. It might take you 6-8 weeks to secure work if you are unlucky.

Advertisement