Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Company debited my account after sending an invoice.

Options
  • 09-05-2015 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Quick question.

I've used a particular oil company for the past seven years and I always paid with debit card. When I rang the company last month, the owner was out on a call and I asked him for 300e of oil. He said he was out on a call and couldn't take down my debit card number. Anyway, he sent an invoice a month later and I had planned on paying it this Thursday ( pay day). To cut a long story short, my account was debited last night. To be honest, it kinda suits me as it's pay week but do ye think they were entitled to debit without my permission?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

No he's not, I would also be worried about where he has your debit card details stored, could be just wrote on a piece or paper somewhere, I would cancel the card if it was me and get a new one reissued.

Advertisement