Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used Graphics cards - worth the risk?

Options
  • 09-05-2015 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering what the opinion is on used graphics cards. I am currently looking for an R9 280x and I have seen a few for sale on Adverts and I know that CEX have 2 of them also.

Brand new, the XFX card that I am looking at buying is ~€245 from Hardwareversand. I could get a second hand one for €180-€200 though and CEX will give me €75 store credit for my Sapphire 5870. I was wondering is it worth the risk of getting a damaged card for the sake of savings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭AntDub

I've bought a few things from Adverts before with no issues, go with someone who has good feedback, at least you know what sort of person you're dealing with.

There's a few guys there that have been selling GPU's for years with very little or no bad feedback, they'#re the ones to buy from.

GL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

CEX offer you a full 12 month warranty so if there's any issue you bring it back to the shop for a refund. No risk at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭AntDub

If you do go to adverts for your card get MSI, you don't need a receipt if you ever have to return it, it'll have 3 years cover from date of manufacture. Date of manufacturer is part of the serial, number.

Advertisement