Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caravan repairs/servicing

Options
  • 09-05-2015 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭

Looking for recommendations for somewhere to take our caravan for some servicing and repair work. There used to be a guy locally who'd do such work but apparently he's now retired. Called in to Buckley's in Mallow to get some recommendations and he suggested that a guy in Carrick-On-Suir was exactly who I was looking for and while its a bit of a drive (probably 2 hours there) if the rates and work are good then I'll consider giving him a try.

The sort of work I'm looking to get done is replacement of seals on the 2 fixed windows (door and dinette) which are well past their use by date being dried out and brittle at this stage.

Also want to get some of the drain hoses replaced for similar reasons.

Would also like to get a basic service done, brakes and such checked, replace some mis-matching locker locks, fix an ongoing waterpump issue and basically give it a clean bill of health for another while.

Is there anywhere else closer to home (I'm based in Kanturk) that people would recommend? Anyone have any experience of the guy in Carrick?

Appreciate any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭db

Derek Walsh outside Limerick might be a bit closer to you.

Advertisement