Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kenny at the fair green

Options
  • 09-05-2015 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Did anyone see the carry on there,I mean I saw up to 8 guards dragging 1 fella away.Great respect for gradation and the job they have to do,but SOME of them that day acted like bully boys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

No didn't see anything but no doubt there'll be a selectively edited portrait-format video clip of the incident posted on Youtube any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Saw an unedited video on facebook yesterday. Was it Enda Kenny the protest was for? Didn't see him in the video.

Video just seemed to have 4 elements:
    - a small group of fairly passive protesters (mainly weakly enough looking women)
    - a group of what looked like regular gardai
    - a similar amount of tall, well built and tough looking gardai group
    - 1 lad who wasn't tall or particularly well built but looked like he could handle himself and was being loud and trying to push past the gardai

Video seemed to be the one lad not getting very far in his efforts and then having a large group of the big tough looking gardai take him away. He was so outnumbered they were able to have one gardai per arm, leg and toso area.

That was about it. Looked like one of the weakly women tried to stop him being taken away but one hand grab from one of the tough looking gardai resulted in a loud squel from her and then her being left sitting on the ground.

That seemed to be about it.

Check youtube, I'd be surprised if someone hasn't put it up. Obviously the actual video would be better than my memory :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Fairly annoying chap in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Found the facebook video, looks like it's public:
    https://www.facebook.com/WaterFightBackCW/videos/373540252829734/

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looks like a lad looking for his Facebook 15 mins of fame to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

What is it about all the IW protestors? Mostly life long dole merchants, crusty lefties with their entitled to everything attitude.

Same with this muppet. Its impossible for guards to be heavy too heavy handed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    What is it about all the IW protestors? Mostly life long dole merchants, crusty lefties with their entitled to everything attitude.

Same with this muppet. Its impossible for guards to be heavy too heavy handed.

Exactly. Thing is even the dole spongers have to pay the water charges like the rest of us who pay for everything. They wanted an exemption for the scroungers but thankfully the govt haven't caved in.

racso1975 wrote: »

Fairly annoying chap in fairness.

Gardaí had right to bring a big van and round up the load of them. All those women and hangers-on should been arrested for public order offences as well as assault. It's only way to control these lawless mobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

road_high wrote: »
    Exactly. Thing is even the dole spongers have to pay the water charges like the rest of us who pay for everything. They wanted an exemption for the scroungers but thankfully the govt haven't caved in.

Lets hope the government don't decide to tax people for having kids & breathing air because theres a lot of people in this country who will just bend over for them.
    Has the government said they will reduce road tax? Or are car users happy to pay twice for their water

Gardaí had right to bring a big van and round up the load of them. All those women and hangers-on should been arrested for public order offences as well as assault. It's only way to control these lawless mobs.

So people don't have the right to protest in Ireland anymore?
    Look at the video again, the grey haired guard tried to grab the mans hand, when the man pulled it away they all jumped on him
    Doesn't matter if the man is shouting or not, he has a right to protest

• Advertisement

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Lets hope the government don't decide to tax people for having kids & breathing air because theres a lot of people in this country who will just bend over for them.
    Has the government said they will reduce road tax? Or are car users happy to pay twice for their water

Drama queen much?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

When you tell a member of the Gardai to "get your f*****g hands off me", all bets are off. Public order offence, end of story.

Drama queen much?

Really? so you really think the government wont think of new ways to make money from taxes?
    Are they going to reduce road tax now?

Mr E wrote: »
    When you tell a member of the Gardai to "get your f*****g hands off me", all bets are off. Public order offence, end of story.

So would you let a guard put their hands on you?

So people don't have the right to protest in Ireland anymore?
    Look at the video again, the grey haired guard tried to grab the mans hand, when the man pulled it away they all jumped on him
    Doesn't matter if the man is shouting or not, he has a right to protest

Roaring and screaming aggressively in public is not protesting, it's intimidating thuggish behaviour. You may applaud and revel in this loutish kind of behaviour at members of our Police force/Gardaí but I don't and I applaud the way in which they handled it with completely reasonable force. Just a shame they didn't round the rest of them up also for preach of the peace and verbal abuse of AGS which can be quite clearly heard in the video.

Roaring and screaming aggressively in public is not protesting, it's intimidating thuggish behaviour. You may applaud and revel in this loutish kind of behaviour at members of our Police force/Gardaí but I don't and I applaud the way in which they handled it with completely reasonable force. Just a shame they didn't round the rest of them up also for preach of the peace and verbal abuse of AGS which can be quite clearly heard in the video.

Ever thought of moving to North Korea?

Well if one was breaking the law in the fashion of the assorted thugs in this video, there wouldn't choice in the matter as the Gardaí would be perfectly within their rights and power to "put their hands on" you. These crowd have had it too soft for too long, about time the Gardaí started arresting.

No but the hard left should go there and see first how a left wing "utopia" operates. They'd soon realise how handy they have it here with the rest of us paying for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

I'm pretty sure mr.e like most people in this country just wouldn't put himself in a situation where a Garda would feel the need to put his hands on him.

In North Korea these thugs would be beheaded immediately and their families rounded up. Be thankful we live in a democracy where you can protest peacefully. This display was anything but peaceful, in fact it was nothing but an embarrassment to Carlow town. Imagine someone thinking of doing business or investing in Carlow watching this. They'd be thinking twice...but that doesn't bother these scroungers as none of them will ever work for a living either way.

• Advertisement

Do people not see that IW is a joke?
    I AM paying for IW as I rent & don't want to put it on my landlady but I do have issues with it
    The main one is people should not have to pay for repairs of meters of anything else. It should be done like in the UK EG Thames water.
    You pay your bill monthly it is up to the company to fix any problems. There are no add ons

In North Korea these thugs would be beheaded immediately and their families rounded up.

Yes but people like yourself who will let the government do whatever they want would fit in really well over there

Yes but people like yourself who will let the government do whatever they want would fit in really well over there

It might be news to you seen as you don't have much respect for the law, but they are democratically elected by the public to govern.
    Do you understand? If you don't like their policies etc the public can choose to not re-elect after 5 years.
    Presume you are referring to the AGS handling of the louts in Fairgreen again? Again this is AGS implementing law and order, as is their function.

How do you know anything about me? Just because I feel AGS should be entitled to arrest people breaking the law, suddenly "it's the govt doing what they want". It's incredible the conspiracy theories the left will follow at times.

It might be news to you seen as you don't have much respect for the law, but they are democratically elected by the public to govern.
    Do you understand? If you don't like their policies etc the public can choose to not re-elect after 5 years.
    Presume you are referring to the AGS handling of the louts in Fairgreen again? Again this is AGS implementing law and order, as is their function.

I have the utmost respect for the law but there is a difference between implementing law & order & going out with the intention of roughing up a few protestors.
    Ever hear of the saying " sticks & stones "

How do you know anything about me? Just because I feel AGS should be entitled to arrest people breaking the law, suddenly "it's the govt doing what they want". It's incredible the conspiracy theories the left will follow at times.

You're the one accusing me of having no respect for the law just because I don't agree with how the guards dealt with the protestor
    I have no problem paying for water if when I pay monthly I do not get hit with extra costs further down the line EG paying for water meters to be fixed. That should be down to IW not to the customer

Comparing life in Ireland under democratically elected government to that of North Korea.

687474703a2f2f73747265616d312e676966736f75702e636f6d2f76696577352f343431303639392f7069636172642d646f75626c652d6661636570616c6d2d6f2e676966

Comparing life in Ireland under democratically elected government to that of North Korea.

687474703a2f2f73747265616d312e676966736f75702e636f6d2f76696577352f343431303639392f7069636172642d646f75626c652d6661636570616c6d2d6f2e676966

Actually I didn't
    I said that the poster would fit in well on North Korea with their views

Actually I didn't
    I said that the poster would fit in well on North Korea with their views

Their views from what I can see from reading their posts without knowing them are that of a law abiding citizen in a country run by a democratically elected government.

If you really think someone who disagrees with your opinion should move to North Korea you really seem to have a shocking lack of understanding of what life in North Korea is like for the people of that Country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Sad to say i know him.

Tell a garda to get out of his face while at the same time getting in the same gardas face and pointing at him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement