Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kenny at the fair green

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Please don't name the person you think it is (even if you are pretty certain you are correct.)(And you probably are but...)

No thinking I know him or know of him!

Half the town does; not rocket science.

He's leading the Anti Right 2 Water charge.

My only issue re naming him publicly, or on here any road is two-fold.

A) He'll be given more oxygen of publicity he craves and

B) Although there won't be a trial (it's a Public Order offence; summary disposal at District Court level; conviction highly unlikely, a Fine & the P.O.A. in all likelihood), I don't want to endanger a case.

I note from his social media account that he hasn't mentioned the issue.

Smart move.

However on the Facebook page that he helps administer, the Anti Right to Water one, plenty of people have mentioned and/or alluded to him under different video clips of the incident and indeed on other profiles he's been named too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

it will all be forgotten before you know and will be hidden deep in the depths of internet hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭shroom007

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    The chap who got arrested fancies himself as our version of Paul Murphy.

Well he aped his actions on Thursday including getting arrested! :)

(And they're both slap-heads!)

PM was in town Saturday canvassing for C. MacLiam & A.Wallace (the latter is being heavily promoted by the arrested man!) of AAA & PBP/PB4P/PBFP.

It's a brilliant tactic by the left in the bye-election; instead of uniting to get one candidate over the line, they've decided to get their parties names out there & thus split the vote in half (at least!) so neither get within an asses roar of winning the thing.

Short term pain for long term gain perhaps?

"Slap heads" do you feel a little bigger making personal attacks on people because of how they look,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Personally thought the behavior of the so called "protesters" was appalling.
    I'm all for peaceful protest but the arrest incident was obviously what this guy set out to achieve to maximise his exposure and gain 15 mins of fame.

Personally I thought the gardai acted in a very professional and restrained manner taking abuse from this guy, you can rest assured the police in the UK or other countries would not put up with as much of his rubbish as the Gardai did.

The icing on the cake was the girl trying to drag out of the Gardai as they were carrying him to the van, obviously trying to create a scene or to force the gardai to break her hold and cause even more of this farcical "footage" to be shared.

I also thought the treatment of Kenny and Fitzgerald inside the shopping center was out of order too. At the end of the day Fitzgerald was out trying to canvas and gain some support. Neither he or Kenny needed to subjected to abuse, and I would say that for any candidate from any party.

The "protesters" seemed to just be shouting abuse and repeating the same thing over and over again also, not sure what the goal of it was. Why not ask some intelligent questions in a reasonable manner if you are not happy?

I think its time these people realise that they are in the minority, and voting is the way to make their voices heard, not public disorder.

The chap who got arrested fancies himself as our version of Paul Murphy.

Well he aped his actions on Thursday including getting arrested! :)

(And they're both slap-heads!)

PM was in town Saturday canvassing for C. MacLiam & A.Wallace (the latter is being heavily promoted by the arrested man!) of AAA & PBP/PB4P/PBFP.

It's a brilliant tactic by the left in the bye-election; instead of uniting to get one candidate over the line, they've decided to get their parties names out there & thus split the vote in half (at least!) so neither get within an asses roar of winning the thing.

Short term pain for long term gain perhaps?

Hi Nokia6230i

I am a man who will be entering my 40s next year and i got my first grade 2 cut at the hairdressers last week :(. After trying hard to deny the fact i am going bald on the top for the past couple of years i have finally decided i need to come to terms with that and get it done :o. I will of course try to stick with the grade two for now but thanks to your post i have become worried that people will make fun of me because i will be a "slap head" :eek: I don't want to be a "Slap Head" :cool: Please understand i have nothing against bald people, my good mate Ted is a bald person :P. I just hope that my condition like many which is an autoimmune condition can be cured :) . This condition is where the body produces antibodies against its own hair follicles and i hope you will come to understand by people like me have no choice....

here's wishing you many years of happy free flowing god like hair :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

road_high wrote: »
    It might be news to you seen as you don't have much respect for the law, but they are democratically elected by the public to govern.
    Do you understand? If you don't like their policies etc the public can choose to not re-elect after 5 years.
    Presume you are referring to the AGS handling of the louts in Fairgreen again? Again this is AGS implementing law and order, as is their function.

Probably be a bit late at that stage since the metering and billing system will be well established

got my first bill today came out of my account and it will be the last one too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Probably be a bit late at that stage since the metering and billing system will be well established

Oh no are you not listening to the shinners/pay for nothing brigade? They will drop all charges immediately while all reducing other taxes at the same time. They'll get the money under their magical rainbow instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

tonyheaney wrote: »

How will it be your last?

• Advertisement

I'd imagine they'll cut off non payers.

i lost my job recently and now the amount of money i get is less than the bills i need to pay and i simply do not know how i would even pay it

i lost my job recently and now the amount of money i get is less than the bills i need to pay and i simply do not know how i would even pay it

Sorry to hear that pal. In the meantime have you tried community welfare officer for assistance while you get another job?

Yeah im on 310m per week now (i have two young children) between Rent, Gas and Esb, Creche and Afterschool Activities, Bin, Credit Union, car load and Petrol, UPC TV & Internet its a struggle. What i get from the dole barely covers said bills.

Its not that we want to live beyond our means but this is what we had and still have after the loss of our jobs. My wife worked in the carlow court hotel on dublin street and they closed 2 weeks ago without any notice making every one redundant and a few weeks of wages owed and not paid. As for me i was in a FAS scheme and i finished up in january and it turns out the FAS supervisor is responsible for not getting people on to the necessary courses so im still FETAC 5 thanks to him. But i found out that FAS CE schemes are like the €50 apprenticeships its just cheap temp labour and when your time is up you're out the door.

I honestly do not know what Irish water expect from me as i genuinely can't afford to they them, I did sign up in october (presure from my landlord) so was willing to pay for the water but now i simply cant. Its all well and good for may 100s marching but many have their own homes perhaps not all but many do.

Yeah im on 310m per week now (i have two young children) between Rent, Gas and Esb, Creche and Afterschool Activities, Bin, Credit Union, car load and Petrol, UPC TV & Internet its a struggle. What i get from the dole barely covers said bills.

Its not that we want to live beyond our means but this is what we had and still have after the loss of our jobs. My wife worked in the carlow court hotel on dublin street and they closed 2 weeks ago without any notice making every one redundant and a few weeks of wages owed and not paid. As for me i was in a FAS scheme and i finished up in january and it turns out the FAS supervisor is responsible for not getting people on to the necessary courses so im still FETAC 5 thanks to him. But i found out that FAS CE schemes are like the €50 apprenticeships its just cheap temp labour and when your time is up you're out the door.

I honestly do not know what Irish water expect from me as i genuinely can't afford to they them, I did sign up in october (presure from my landlord) so was willing to pay for the water but now i simply cant. Its all well and good for may 100s marching but many have their own homes perhaps not all but many do.

Ditch your UPC! Straightaway! Renegotiate with them. Tell them you're switching providers. If not invoke the cancellation period.

You can still have decent internet for f**k all with them.

Use the library for the internet; it's free! Open 6 Days, incl. 2 Lates a week & Saturday mornings til 1pm Lunchtime.

Get a combi-box; stop paying for Subscription TV!

A Creche? Neither of ye're working currently so why is your kid/are your children in a creche?

As for the FAS issue CE Schemes are what they are; they're getting people back to work like Internships etc.

You need to man the **** up. Being unemployed doesn't mean you can avoid paying your bills, Irish Water for example.

It's a bit much to be paying for a creche & UPC & coming on here playing the poor mouth.

You're changing the direction of this thread now & it's diverting it away from the issue at hand; a Carlow person being rightly arrested for trying to play the big I am in front of his mob.

Stuff like UPC is a luxury to be fair. I hate commenting on your personal affairs but your absolute priority has to be to get a paying job so you can sustain your life and bills. Other than that there will be sacrifices as the tax payer can only carry a certain burden for so long. Even is working people are struggling big time given the taxes and all the rest.
    Really hope you get a job again and best of luck in the search.

• Advertisement

Ditch your UPC! Straightaway! Renegotiate with them. Tell them you're switching providers. If not invoke the cancellation period.

You can still have decent internet for f**k all with them.

Use the library for the internet; it's free! Open 6 Days, incl. 2 Lates a week & Saturday mornings til 1pm Lunchtime.

Get a combi-box; stop paying for Subscription TV!

A Creche? Neither of ye're working currently so why is your kid/are your children in a creche?

As for the FAS issue CE Schemes are what they are; they're getting people back to work like Internships etc.

You need to man the **** up. Being unemployed doesn't mean you can avoid paying your bills, Irish Water for example.

It's a bit much to be paying for a creche & UPC & coming on here playing the poor mouth.

You're changing the direction of this thread now & it's diverting it away from the issue at hand; a Carlow person being rightly arrested for trying to play the big I am in front of his mob.

I just answered a question and as they creche stands they can't really build relationships at home in front of a blank telly, its good to have them mix with other kids. Its not a rant and i DONT want to be unemployed but as it stands we both lost our jobs in the middle of a nice life and now that that's gone we are trying to manage. I dont really give a flyin fcuk what any one thinks to be honest.

Re: As for the FAS issue CE Schemes are what they are; they're getting people back to work like Internships etc. I didn't get a job out of it and neither did the 6 people i worked with, but 6 new staff did however. Its a farce.

Fact is the lad above was fighting NOT to pay water for his reasons and im saying for i cant pay mine.

Lots of people on high horses here. It seems Tony is trying to do the best for himself and his family.
    Hope a bit of luck comes your way Tony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    Lots of people on high horses here. It seems Tony is trying to do the best for himself and his family.

Yup best of luck Tony. Was that way myself last year. Really began to feel the pressure towards the end as I was only entitled to 9 months but lucked out and got a job. Even after that it takes time to get back to where you were.

Anyhow on the water argument i don't believe for one second that the charge will be over turned no matter who is in charge. I actually find it strange the back lash to this versus charge versus the compliance with property tax.

thanks pete,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Well said.
    racso1975 wrote: »
    Yup best of luck Tony. Was that way myself last year. Really began to feel the pressure towards the end as I was only entitled to 9 months but lucked out and got a job. Even after that it takes time to get back to where you were.

Same as.
    Tony, I was in a similar situation but I'm back in work a while now so am finished with the sack-cloth and ashes if you want a loan of them.
    Man the F up indeed..........

• Advertisement

Well said.

Same as.
    Tony, I was in a similar situation but I'm back in work a while now so am finished with the sack-cloth and ashes if you want a loan of them.
    Man the F up indeed..........

I had them lads looking for votes come last night. I asked him if i voted for him would he help with the water bill. He said he was against the water bill and would do all he can for me and people like me. So i went in got the bill handed it to him and said good night closed the door. Problem sorted i suppose? :P:P:D:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Can we get back on topic and stop telling Tony H how to live his life, please?

so what happened to the guy did he get fined charged what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

I had them lads looking for votes come last night. I asked him if i voted for him would he help with the water bill. He said he was against the water bill and would do all he can for me and people like me. So i went in got the bill handed it to him and said good night closed the door. Problem sorted i suppose? :P:P:D:D

Either the AAA or the PbP were at my door last night. Blah blah.....water......new way of doing things........blah .......shower.........water.

All the stuff they will change if they get in. Then they mentioned everyone will be entitled to a home of their own. These guys make cloud cuckooland look sane.

Theyll say anything to get your vote. Water charges are here to stay regardless of who's in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭oscillating wildely

Firstly let me state I have no political alliances and I am finding it hard to determine who to vote for in the upcoming by-election.

The real issue here is that it no longer seems legitimate to protest in the country. We have a Taoiseach who doesn't do interviews and is not allowed to get involved in anything that is impromptu and if anything we are starting to resemble a quasi-fascist state.

We have an economic council that is made up of four people none of whom have a financial or economic qualification between them and one of them won't answer questions - Taoiseach - whilst another either deliberately refuses to give information or else gets ratty; Noonan re questions from Catherine Murphy on Siteserv and his reaction to Sean O'Rourke's questioning re same.

Irish Water is a case study in how not to setup a quango and there are many sinister elements to it not least the arrival of half a dozen squad cars to arrest a sixteen year old in Tallaght when people are reporting that Gardai are nowhere to be seen in high risk areas.

I had them lads looking for votes come last night. I asked him if i voted for him would he help with the water bill. He said he was against the water bill and would do all he can for me and people like me. So i went in got the bill handed it to him and said good night closed the door. Problem sorted i suppose?

I had them lads looking for votes come last night. I asked him if i voted for him would he help with the water bill. He said he was against the water bill and would do all he can for me and people like me. So i went in got the bill handed it to him and said good night closed the door. Problem sorted i suppose?

No offence but you said the same thing on the previous page so not sure why you're repeating this?

You also said the money already came out of your account for the bill so not sure what the point was?

Since he's now being named publicly in the Nationalist & I have been given permission to name him on here, do I/we?

Or does it give him the oxygen of publicity?

And if the case gets to court, does he plead not guilty & argue adverse publicity due to being named here?

On their (his?) page the Carlow Anti Right 2 Water page if you scroll down/back through their newsfeed/posts you'll discover his actions weren't universally applauded thankfully.

https://www.facebook.com/WaterFightBackCW?fref=ts

Any one think this thread should be mentioned to them either publicly in a post on their page or in a PM?

Obviously the Carlow PB4P/PBFP/PBP Page might be worth posting it to/on?

https://www.facebook.com/CarlowPBP?fref=ts

PaulKK wrote: »
    No offence but you said the same thing on the previous page so not sure why you're repeating this?

You also said the money already came out of your account for the bill so not sure what the point was?

yes i know i also have a 5 year old who likes to copy and paste, change screen resolution and all kinds of crap but kids will be kids

• Advertisement

yes i know i also have a 5 year old who likes to copy and paste, change screen resolution and all kinds of crap but kids will be kids

Some people wouldn't believe you, but I will ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Out here in rural Carlow we never see any of the leftie crowd canvassing. It's the three main parties, and the Greens, if they're feeling brave. I don't understand the protests, the meters are installed, the bills are out, surely the battle is over?

One of the Anti Right to Water campaigners (15 convictions incl. on the mother of his child...Google it/him!) FB page is almost beyond a parody except for the fact the muppet is from a dangerous (criminally) family.

I won't name him but all his posts're public anyway. PM me for a name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They were out in force today giving out leaflets with someone who looked a lot like Ming Flanagan in town today.

I and two friends asked one of them later in the day what their policies would be on antisocial behavior like what happened when the Gardai were confronted by a large group antisocial people with cameraphones with in the Fairgreen last week.

We were ignored and they just kept passing out leaflets we then asked them to explain to us what their policies were going to be on crime, health, education & jobs once if their party were elected again they refused to answer these this time they moved on to another spot to hand out leaflets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭shroom007

Sorry I seem to have stumbled on to the FG/Irish Water Supporters Club page

shroom007 wrote: »

Quite a leap you're making there shroom. Condemning the actions of scumbag sh1tstirring isn't the same as supporting FG or IW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭oscillating wildely

shroom007 wrote: »
    As PeterFalk says a quantum leap. Perhaps shroom can enlighten us as to the other policies of AAA or People Before Profit as they don't seem to be able to let us know either in person, on the doorstep or via the media.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Ok folks, we have veered wildly off the Fairgreen thing. Closing this, if ye want to open an election thread, feel fee, but keep it nice .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement