Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Frost Fridge - day 1, frost at the back?

Options
  • 09-05-2015 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Our old fridge (10 years) didn't have any frost for 9 years. It did lately, along with our suspicion that it doesn't close properly we decided to buy new fridge

The fridge/freezer was delivered to us this morning, and we turned the fast cool option to get the temperature down. It did so quickly.

I can see a thin layer of ice at the back of the fridge. Is it normal to see some ice on day one while trying to cool down the temperature, or do I have an issue? I can't recall this with my old no frost fridge at all (completely possible but I forgot). It looks well designed as the glass shelves don't go as far as the wall and the food doesn't touch the wall but I still wonder if this is ok.

The freezer looks good, no frost and good temperature.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Miss_Lauren

Bought a frost free fridge freezer recently, and did the exact same when we got it, turned the temps down low to cool it quickly. We haven't had any frost at all though, and its been turned on for about a week now.
    Did you make sure to let it settle in place for 6 hours or so before turning it on? We were advised by the delivery men to do this, something about letting the gases settle, not sure if this would have an effect on frost build up though.

Advertisement