Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children got P-60's for contributory pension

Options
  • 09-05-2015 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,428 ✭✭✭✭

A fried of mine was asking me what he should do about this. Unfortunately his wife passed away almost two years ago.

Last week his two young(6 and 3 year olds) children both got P-60's in the post as they are both receiving a contributory pension. He told me that they were paying emergency tax. He really hasn't a clue what he should or needs to do for them.

Can anybody enlighten me please and I'll pass along the information.

Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Call up the Revenue and they'll advise him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

The solicitor who dealt with the inheritance may also be able to advise. Last time I spoke to mine about our will, we made provisions for a trust for the children. The trust then pays the tax.

I'd suggest talking to revenue and also a solicitor or tax consultant about the best course of action.

Advertisement