Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K16 Thread

• 09-05-2015 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭

With the 2K15 thread dying a slow death, I said it was time to open one about the next game in the hope that the Boards WWE Games Community would start posting again.
    It's been rumoured that the game will be unveiled at this year's E3 but nothing is ever for sure.

So far we know:
    • Rosa Mendes and Sasha Banks have confirmed themselves
    • New weapon detection system
    • Championship and Manager animations have been Mo-Capped.
    • Good Ol' Jim Ross has said he will be included in the game in some fashion

So feel free to add what you'd like to see in the new title and speculate about new features! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm hoping the graphics improve. A lot of the models looked like wax. Example, check out Warrior's back.

They should lose commentary altogether. It's really bad. Has not improved. Game play is moving in the right direction. I think the need to redesign the reversal and pin systems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I had a dream last week WWEK 2K16 went back to the old arcade style controls. It was great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

gerrybbadd wrote: »

They should lose commentary altogether. It's really bad. Has not improved.

This is true for the commentary in regular gameplay, but the commentary recorded for the showcase mode during the cutscenes was really well done. If only the regular commentary had as much enthusiasm and they had less regurgitated lines.

Tinie wrote: »
    This is true for the commentary in regular gameplay, but the commentary recorded for the showcase mode during the cutscenes was really well done. If only the regular commentary had as much enthusiasm and they had less regurgitated lines.

Great point.

But i'm sure we will be hearing about educated feet again come November!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Bret and Shawn Showcase please! I'd love all the create modes to be brought back but I'd specifically like to see create a title and arena made even better than before. Even changing the TV logo in the corner of the screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭VulcanRaving

Haven't played WWE 2K15 but from what I've seen/researched seems to have been a poor show in terms of roster, modes and once again overinflated Super Cena stats. Probably due to the given task of making a version for the new gen consoles while at the same time tending to the previous gen.

Pity since the games seemed to be on a roll since WWE '12. I LOVED WWE '13 (Attitude era need I say more) and 2K14.

Having a 'Beast Mode' could be good which follows Lesnar's early days where he clashed with the likes of Hogan, The Rock and 'Big Evil' 'Taker up to his return and reign today. Only obstacle would be having to try and tip toe around his encounter with Kurt Angle. Although the HBK vs HHH mode in 2K15 ignored the WM 20 match with Benoit.

So far they ticked the boxes of Attitude era, Wrestlemania maybe a WCW theme could be done with chapters for Sting, Goldberg, NWO etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

If they just made the career mode more in depth it would add to the replay value. Proper cutscenes, proper fueds being played out, like on TV, no just random pieces of text that appear every now and again, allow you to be a heel on twitter and control every aspect of your character.

Gm mode could be integrate into universe mode, once again more cutscenes showing the fued develop, ala know your role career!

Loading times in 2k15 are completely unacceptable. Record completely new commentary.

Custom suites need to be massively extended upon .

The game needs to have the pick up and play aspect of it. Smackdown 06 done this brilliantly ( had epic matches with my aj caw v angle). Day of Reckoning 2 is by far the stand out game for me in the past few years in regards replay value. And Here Comes The Pain.

Roster needs to be massively enhanced. Have legends, a WCW roster , a NXT roster an ECW roster. Don't make all the arenas in the same model, make some smaller, some larger.

I love wrestling and use to love wrestlin games but the past few instalments have really really been a let down!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭VulcanRaving

Sirsok wrote: »
    If they just made the career mode more in depth it would add to the replay value. Proper cutscenes, proper fueds being played out, like on TV, no just random pieces of text that appear every now and again, allow you to be a heel on twitter and control every aspect of your character.

Gm mode could be integrate into universe mode, once again more cutscenes showing the fued develop, ala know your role career!

Loading times in 2k15 are completely unacceptable. Record completely new commentary.

Custom suites need to be massively extended upon .

The game needs to have the pick up and play aspect of it. Smackdown 06 done this brilliantly ( had epic matches with my aj caw v angle). Day of Reckoning 2 is by far the stand out game for me in the past few years in regards replay value. And Here Comes The Pain.

Roster needs to be massively enhanced. Have legends, a WCW roster , a NXT roster an ECW roster. Don't make all the arenas in the same model, make some smaller, some larger.

I love wrestling and use to love wrestlin games but the past few instalments have really really been a let down!

SVR 2006 is quite possibly my favourite! and I have played since Smackdown 2:Know your role on PS1. Seriously could not fault SVR 2006 for its time. I remember being blown away by the graphics for PS2 and the storylines in Season mode. I really miss GM mode too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The way I see it, even if next year's game is worse than this year's, I'll still play it all year. Does anyone have any idea of what platforms this year is coming out on? I have a PlayStation.

I'll predict the next generation consoles and pc only this year.

• Advertisement

2K just posted this on Twitter:

CFUJtDEWAAIiBFs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

The way I see it, even if next year's game is worse than this year's, I'll still play it all year. Does anyone have any idea of what platforms this year is coming out on? I have a PlayStation.

PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

There claiming it will have the biggest roster in WWE game history. Hopefully this means we'll get a full NXT roster too and a decent dose of Legends. Legend roster this year was poor.

Rivalry-wise I'd love a Triple H / Foley one from 2000 and maybe Rock / Austin leading up to WM 19.

With the bitterness between WWE and Owen Hart's wife cooled down it would be great to have Owen in the game

With the bitterness between WWE and Owen Hart's wife cooled down it would be great to have Owen in the game

The bitterness hasn't cooled on Martha's side at all. The DVD planned for release is going ahead against her wishes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

They're gonna have to do a lot better than last years lazy attempt. And i mean gameplay-wise. No reliance on the same tired line that it has 'the biggest roster to date' . That's nice, but its not a game-changer. Also:

Some new commentators, including ones from NXT, not just cole and lawlor doing the same old lines (i.e He's putting those educated feet to good use!)

Give all platforms fair treatment, not a stripped down version for past generation consoles. If thats your MO, just have it for current gen.

Less reliance on replaying old rivalries from a bygone era, which will have the added benefit of not having multiple versions of the same wrestler taking up roster space that could have been given to newer talent, or lesser known one. As much as i love past wrestling and rivalries, i would like to see the product evolve a little faster

They're gonna have to do a lot better than last years lazy attempt. And i mean gameplay-wise. No reliance on the same tired line that it has 'the biggest roster to date' . That's nice, but its not a game-changer. Also:

Some new commentators, including ones from NXT, not just cole and lawlor doing the same old lines (i.e He's putting those educated feet to good use!)

Give all platforms fair treatment, not a stripped down version for past generation consoles. If thats your MO, just have it for current gen.

Less reliance on replaying old rivalries from a bygone era, which will have the added benefit of not having multiple versions of the same wrestler taking up roster space that could have been given to newer talent, or lesser known one. As much as i love past wrestling and rivalries, i would like to see the product evolve a little faster

To be fair, old rivalries are one of the main selling points. They made '13 and 2K14 brilliant!

What rivalries would you like to see showcased? The Rock and Triple H seems likely as someone mentioned. I'd love to see Bret vs Shawn. A Shield showcase maybe? Daniel Bryan's 2013/'14 run, Brock Lesnar Beast Mode as previously mentioned.

To be fair, old rivalries are one of the main selling points. They made '13 and 2K14 brilliant!

Ah now to be fair 2k14 is pushing the definition of brilliant a bit too far.

I know what you're saying, and i loved watching the rivalries develop back in day. I'm not against using them, just an over-reliance on them stagnates the mode year after year. One or two made-up rivalries with new or old characters in unique situations would liven the game up.
    As an example see WWE '12. They had a fictional stable composed of Barrett/Sheamus/McIntyre with Regal as manager called The United Kingdom. Or the alternate storyline where your CAW took on a WCW invasion headed by Nash.

Now they have a fresh pool of talent the audience is invested in, the NXT roster could be showcased in the main game this year, not just as an afterthought.

What rivalries would you like to see showcased? The Rock and Triple H seems likely as someone mentioned. I'd love to see Bret vs Shawn. A Shield showcase maybe? Daniel Bryan's 2013/'14 run, Brock Lesnar Beast Mode as previously mentioned.

Rock and HHH, now there's something we've never seen before :rolleyes:

But seriously, i would love a brock lesnar storyline. Maybe the mode can culminate in him suplexing the shoite out of Cena

And the shield, right up to their breakup. But that would mean having Punk in the game, which they wouldnt allow

"You have to respect the confidence and poise triple h is showing...."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Jamie OD wrote: »
    PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
    If that's the case then I'll hold off on upgrading for another while and keep the PS3.

"You have to respect the confidence and poise triple h is showing...."

"So King, who does the methodical pace benefit?" :mad:

I would settle for some JBL commentary at this stage, just please something new.

"So King, who does the methodical pace benefit?" :mad:

I would settle for some JBL commentary at this stage, just please something new.

actually I was thinking the same until I remembered some voiceover he did for one of the previous games' story mode. talk about phoning it in... it was probably the worst effort I've heard in any game.. it was like he was mumbling to himself or something

actually I was thinking the same until I remembered some voiceover he did for one of the previous games' story mode. talk about phoning it in... it was probably the worst effort I've heard in any game.. it was like he was mumbling to himself or something

Smackdown vs Raw 2008, terrible game which I'm pretty sure was his last time commentating on a WWE game.

http://whatculture.com/gaming/wwe-2k16-to-feature-stone-cold-steve-austin-mode.php

This makes perfect sense with JR confirming his involvement months ago.

Bam! The first 6 Superstars officially confirmed for WWE 2K16 from E3. These being Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Bad News Barrett, Daniel Bryan, Finn Bálor and Paige!

CHohvORWUAASil7.jpg

Could this be real? A photo that's been seen around the internet of a possible character select screen, it looks very legit:

CHoGg-yXAAAn7wa.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Told it isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I still pine for a new GM mode. :/

Advertisement