Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K16 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Yeah I remember someone saying that she answered a question on Twitter about the game. Surely it wouldn't be that difficult to get them scanned and add them as downloadables?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Joey Styles just confirmed he's doing commentary for the Austin / Whipwreck ECW match in Showcase mode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

MyCareer Trailer:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Sounds awesome in fairness

I knew you'd start to get excited about the game as the release date drew closer for us Gerry!

• Advertisement

I knew you'd start to get excited about the game as the release date drew closer for us Gerry!

I'm still gonna hold fire on it I think. Awesome as it looks, if the game play is the same, I don't think I'll bite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,454 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So they scanned Renee Young, but not the NXT women.

Ridiculous.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'm still gonna hold fire on it I think. Awesome as it looks, if the game play is the same, I don't think I'll bite.
    I know what you mean. However I don't think I've even bought a game of any kind since 2K15, so I'll be getting this. I usually just play the games year round almost.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I feel the exact same way! Still too similar to the other years the career mode does look good.

Has anyone heard whether or not there's a challenge mode like John Cena's thing in last year's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

From what Ive read online the NXT women have been scanned and will be a DLC pack.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    From what Ive read online the NXT women have been scanned and will be a DLC pack.

They released a statement earlier this week, saying they wouldn't be in game, or in DLC.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0918/600772/2k-sports-issues-statement-on-wwe-divas-revolution-and-the-wwe/

I know theyve been scanned, perhaps for next years game?

They released a statement earlier this week, saying they wouldn't be in game, or in DLC.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0918/600772/2k-sports-issues-statement-on-wwe-divas-revolution-and-the-wwe/

Im sure its some sort of misdirection, why scan them and not place them in. Why scan Enzo Amore and have him in place of Sasha?

They will be out in DLC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Maybe rhey're going to have their own Divas Revolution game. Becky Lynch career mode starting off training with Devitt at 15!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So you can defy the Authority and get beaten down by Big Show and Kane!

Well, at least its realistic....

Im sure its some sort of misdirection, why scan them and not place them in. Why scan Enzo Amore and have him in place of Sasha?

They will be out in DLC.
    12049639_10154233969467729_4738245656526521134_n.jpg?oh=5dc226bd5fa0e4c5a01e1031f749abed&oe=56A3CBE0

Im familiar with the press release,I just dont buy it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Im familiar with the press release,I just dont buy it.

Why would they essentially release a negative press release that may put some people off buying the game in order to keep the element of surprise?

Managers in action:

Kane's four attires, notice the new entrance and the hair movement:

WWE 2K16 Achievements List. Most of the Achievements are the same as previous years. Some notable ones are the secret achievements which confirm Stone Cold's match with The Rock at Wrestlemania 19, a Hollywood Rock attire and the ability to reverse a Curb Stomp into an RKO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

So it looks like they still haven't put the mid 2000 - 2002 raw set in..

• Advertisement

DLC revealed. Some really random choices for this....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

DLC revealed. Some really random choices for this....

Is that all the DLC?

Or just what's included on the season pass?

Here's all the DLC:
    Accelerator
    • Players will gain instant access to all unlockable content available in the game (excluding downloadable content);
    • The Accelerator will be available for a suggested price of $1.99.

MyPlayer KickStart (PS4™ system and Xbox One Exclusive)
    • Players will gain instant access to boost created Superstar ratings and attributes in the game’s MyCareer mode;
    • MyPlayer KickStart will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.

Legends Pack
    • Playable WWE Legends: Big Boss Man, Dusty Rhodes, Lita, Mr. Perfect, “Rowdy” Roddy Piper and Trish Stratus;
    • The Legends Pack will be available for a suggested price of $8.99.

2015 Hall of Fame Showcase
    • Playable matches include:
    o “Macho Man” Randy Savage vs. Jake “The Snake” Roberts;
    o Rikishi vs. The Rock;
    o Alundra Blayze vs. Paige;
    o Larry Zbyszko vs. Arn Anderson;
    o Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Ric Flair;
    o The Bushwhackers (Butch Miller and Luke Williams) vs. The Natural Disasters (Typhoon and Earthquake);
    o The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) vs. Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray);
    • The 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.

New Moves Pack
    • More than 30 new moves, including the Corner Enzuigiri (made popular by WWE Diva Nikki Bella), Avalanche Ram (made popular by WWE Diva Paige), Sidewinder Suplex (made popular by WWE and NXT Superstar Kevin Owens), Standing Crossface Chickenwing (made popular by WWE Superstar Stardust) and Dragon Sleeper (made popular by NXT Superstar Finn Bálor);
    • The New Moves Pack will be available for a suggested price of $3.99.

Future Stars Pack
    • Playable NXT Superstars: Samoa Joe, Diego, Fernando, Blake and Murphy;
    • The Future Stars Pack will be available for a suggested price of $7.99.

About the WWE 2K16 Season Pass
    Players may purchase nearly all WWE 2K16 downloadable content at a reduced price point through the game’s Season Pass. For a suggested price of $24.99, a savings of more than 20 percent versus individual content purchases, players will receive the following items as they become available:
    • Accelerator (access to all unlockable content available in the game);
    • Legends Pack;
    • 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase;
    • New Moves Pack;
    • Future Stars Pack.
    https://wwe.2k.com/news/wwe-2k16-downloadable-content-season-pass-and-digital-deluxe-editions-annou

Look at Steamboat!
    https://instagram.com/p/8MensYFUWl/

[*]Sensational Sherri and Ted Dibiase confirmed as managers in the game.

Dean Ambrose's entrance:

Daniel Bryan's entrance (same as last year):

The Natural, Dustin Rhodes has been added to the list of DLC as the showcase DLC also includes Dustin & Steamboat vs The Enforcers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Raw from Dublin, Ireland eh? Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,454 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

No sign of create a finisher, when everything else is in there. Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Can't understand why in the blue hell Mikey Whipwreck in on the Roster, What about Raven? and no custom music option again this year What's up with that?

• Advertisement

Can't understand why in the blue hell Mikey Whipwreck in on the Roster, What about Raven? and no custom music option again this year What's up with that?

Mikey's in as part of the Austin storyline.

They're probably holding the custom music, so it can be introduced as a trail blazing "new feature" in a future year

Advertisement