Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K16 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

The key to trading in yearly games like this & Fifa is to do it during the summer, assuming you've stopped playing the game of course. Once a new one comes out you'll be lucky to get a fiver for it, do it a few months earlier & you could get 20 quid. At least that's how it worked a couple years ago.

Is 2K16 worth getting? Last WWE game I played was WWE 13 which I felt was a big step down from 12. I probably wouldn't play much online, Universe mode is what I enjoyed most on 12 & it being terrible in 13 led me to selling the game quickly. So after the Stone Cold stuff it'd be either Universe or My Career that I'd be interested in.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The key to trading in yearly games like this & Fifa is to do it during the summer, assuming you've stopped playing the game of course. Once a new one comes out you'll be lucky to get a fiver for it, do it a few months earlier & you could get 20 quid. At least that's how it worked a couple years ago.

Is 2K16 worth getting? Last WWE game I played was WWE 13 which I felt was a big step down from 12. I probably wouldn't play much online, Universe mode is what I enjoyed most on 12 & it being terrible in 13 led me to selling the game quickly. So after the Stone Cold stuff it'd be either Universe or My Career that I'd be interested in.

To be honest, I haven't seen any major improvements on Universe, bar roster size. It irks me that the PPVs can only be used by two brands...and the vast lack of options for different types just sucks. They have the arenas for old PPVs... why not make the gimmicks available? It's again awful hard to not have every rivalry pan out the same way - although maybe someone else might tell me that changes, I'm only getting started with Universe really.

MyCareer is very much improved - in some ways. The pointless, samey cutscenes annoy me a little though. Submissions are a balls early on - you could dominate an entire match yet get caught in one submission with near full health and it's game over. Happened to me against R-Truth of all people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Submissions are broken in this years game after about 11 sharpshooters on austin (on easy i might add) in the challenges section of showcase he still wouldn't submit I and the 30 odd other submissions i did on him I just quit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Submissions are broken in this years game after about 11 sharpshooters on austin (on easy i might add) in the challenges section of showcase he still wouldn't submit I and the 30 odd other submissions i did on him I just quit

I'm not a fan of the submission system either. It takes a while to get used to it but you will get the hang of it eventually. Also targetting a relevant body part and wearing it down to red will help with the submission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

I'm not a fan of the submission system either. It takes a while to get used to it but you will get the hang of it eventually. Also targetting a relevant body part and wearing it down to red will help with the submission.

Submission system is woeful. the worst addition to the game in many a year. Just the mechanics of it are pure dire. Also, and I would say the same for the pinning system... any gameplay item that makes you take your eyes off what is actually happening in the match... wrestlers / animations / etc... is a failure in my eyes. Same goes for the Quicktime Events in showcase modes... there's these 1 or 2 minute cutscenes at times but you're not looking at what's happening, your're focused on the A, B, X, Y buttons on the screen so you can hit whichever one pops up. It really takes you out of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Full stamina helps as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I love the new kick out system. The way that a finisher excludes you from kicking out before a one count is a great idea.

Ive lost a few falls though, getting pinned early. Only complaint I'd have thoughthough, is it takes the ref an age to down to count. Removes some of the urgency from the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

What am I missing regards universe mode? Seems pretty pointless. You're not fighting for ratings and it keeps making matches I don't want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I think Universe Mode is a poors man version of GM Mode.

What am I missing regards universe mode? Seems pretty pointless. You're not fighting for ratings and it keeps making matches I don't want.

I'm not quite sure either. I've spent literally a few hours divising three rosters with different feuds, a decent tag division all to see basically f all come from it. Hate hate hate the rivalry crap of the last few games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

"Let's talk about Tyler Breeze" is this years "He's making good use of those educated feet"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Just who does the methodical pace benefit King?

Under the ring..... but this isn't a no disqualification match...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I actually mad a match where, without interruption, Cole said "Let's talk about Kane" 3 times in a row

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

So here's my first impressions of the game after playing it at every given opportunity over the week. The best WWE game of the modern era I've ever played (2nd place, for me, would be WWE '13 simply for the implemented Attitude Era alone). Solid gameplay (I reckon) and one of - if not, the best creative suite the series has had since since WWE '13. I loved the Showcase mode this year and I hope they add more for newer wrestlers like they did for last year's.

I love being the creative type so once I finished Showcase mode, I just unlocked everything with the accelerator and dove into Universe Mode. Too much good things to say about WWE 2K16 so I'm just gonna leave this here and jump back on.

Happy out.

EDIT: Following up on what I'm up to on Universe mode. Seth Rollins getting injured up in Dublin gave me an idea. I'm currently doing a 16-man tournament and booking the winner to be the new WWE WH Champion. I took Seth Rollins off the roster and I may return him in future. I also have an intention of resurrecting the Ministry of Darkness, using the Undertaker as he is now and if I can get Finn Balór up the ranks I may include him in the faction. So many ideas my brain is getting exhausted. I love it!

Regarding the tournament, I actually used an online Bracket Creator to do up my matches, it's pretty handy.

psWfZeg.png

Off again :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

You can only download 20 things per 24 hours from the community creations thing that's a balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I have to go now, my planet needs me.

ClearFittingHerculesbeetle.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Look at the ref as Cena starts to float... WTF?

Doing the SCSA vs McMahon's Ladder match. Anyone else having a nightmare with the targeting system in this match?

Changed to manual and using L3 to switch but it won't work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

There's a montage of the invasion angle at one stage during the show case ... and in a couple of shots one wrestler is blurred out ... it looks to me to be D-Von Dudley .... is there any particular reason he's blurred out, while the likes of Raven and Kurt Angle are grand?

There's a montage of the invasion angle at one stage during the show case ... and in a couple of shots one wrestler is blurred out ... it looks to me to be D-Von Dudley .... is there any particular reason he's blurred out, while the likes of Raven and Kurt Angle are grand?

Is he, perhaps, standing near something that has the 'WWF' logo on it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just finished watching the Achievement Hunter's tackle this years game (they skipped last years cause the creation suite got nerfed) and its got me really wanting to play the game now.

I've not actually played a WWE game for a few years. I know I didn't play the last two, maybe three. One before that, I bought, played for two days and just gave up on it, but that was cause I had bought every single game before it and it was just the same.

Wondering though....I know there's the SCSA story mode, but is there a general story mode for CAWs? Can you play through multiple times in different ways? My favorite aspect of the games was always creating my own guys, and I like the idea of running through a story mode where I go through NXT, etc. Is it any good of a story?

Basically, do I buy now for full price, or put it off till after Xmas and pick it up cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Just finished watching the Achievement Hunter's tackle this years game (they skipped last years cause the creation suite got nerfed) and its got me really wanting to play the game now.

I've not actually played a WWE game for a few years. I know I didn't play the last two, maybe three. One before that, I bought, played for two days and just gave up on it, but that was cause I had bought every single game before it and it was just the same.

Wondering though....I know there's the SCSA story mode, but is there a general story mode for CAWs? Can you play through multiple times in different ways? My favorite aspect of the games was always creating my own guys, and I like the idea of running through a story mode where I go through NXT, etc. Is it any good of a story?

Basically, do I buy now for full price, or put it off till after Xmas and pick it up cheap?

Yeah there is a career mode where you CAW and make your way through your career eventually getting into the HOF, havent played it yet as I am still working my way through the Stone Cold mode and playing Universe mode, my first WWE game in a long long time as well and I am really enjoying it. I would recommend you buy it anyways, find its great if you just have a spare haf hour to pass and want to jump on and play a few matches.

Lord TSC wrote: »

MyCareer is an attempt at that. I'm really struggling with the absolute repetitiveness of it though. Miss the days where you could run around backstage getting up to all kinds of mischief. I'd put it off till you can get it in the sales, game is much improved on last year but if they cut the showcase mode out and focused on Universe and MyCareer it could be so much better.
    Universe is fun, but can get incredibly tedious as you have to face the same guy for weeks before the supposed pay off match at the PPV. After spending hours designing my Universe to be three seperate brands with 2 PPVs a month (can only have two shows per PPV with only 7 matches and only 3 rivalries that actually make the PPV) the absolute tedium of rinse and repeat feuds makes me want to smash my pad through my own head.
    Much done more to do..... and yet I'll probably buy next year's game on launch day...again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Is he, perhaps, standing near something that has the 'WWF' logo on it?

No ... rewatched it last night (it's just before the chris jericho match). Can say for certain that both the Dudley Boys had their faces blurred out in this sequence.

No ... rewatched it last night (it's just before the chris jericho match). Can say for certain that both the Dudley Boys had their faces blurred out in this sequence.

Very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

WWE 2K16 is €19.49 in Argos for PS4/Xbox One.
    If anyone gets a extra copy on PS4 it'd be appreciated :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

ERG89 wrote: »
    WWE 2K16 is €19.49 in Argos for PS4/Xbox One.
    If anyone gets a extra copy on PS4 it'd be appreciated :(

Can't seem to reserve a copy online :( Says "Can be ordered" until you enter details and then "Out of Stock"

Well i'm never buying on release day ever again thats for sure! Paid over 60euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

mooonpie wrote: »
    Can't seem to reserve a copy online :( Says "Can be ordered" until you enter details and then "Out of Stock"

Same I did reserve one earlier for pick up next week but they never send me a code :confused:
    If anyone can buy me a copy in store if you buy it & it's in stock I'd much appreciate it. Even if its unlikely to happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Got this on the Canadian PSN store for around €42 last night. Not quite as good as the Argos deal but I'm happy with it so far. Haven't missed a wrestling game since the PS1 days but after last year's disaster I decided to stop buying on release date. Loving the showcase mode this time, will probably get started on MyCareer later too.

Advertisement