Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K16 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

rovert wrote: »
    Told it isn't.

It's not a WWE game without an overly optimistic, photoshopped character select screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

If they're going to cater to previous gen gamers I'm gonna give this one a skip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Yeah, I hope they have a better idea for story mode than last year. Specific feuds might've sounded nice on paper but not in reality. 30 Years of WrestleMania was a fantastic idea. Maybe they could do the same for SummerSlam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

So the rumour is that there'll be three 2K Showcases, these being:
    • Hulk Hogan Showcase (80s-90s) Will this include the nWo?
    • "Stone Cold" Steve Austin Showcase (90s-00s) I'd almost guarantee this
    • John Cena Showcase (2003-2015)

Now, I'd be very happy if I got these three showcases. One of the best things about it is that all three showcases are in totally different time periods meaning that we'll get a good variety of wrestlers and arenas. I hope it's all true anyway :D
    Post what guys you think will be in it, I doubt Owen Hart will be in it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Sgt. Slaughter please.

• Advertisement

#CarlitoFor2K16

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

CMpunked wrote: »
    I still pine for a new GM mode. :/

I still have my PSP and SvR 07 for GM mode :D

To the people who say that SvR 07 has a good soundtrack....

tumblr_m5bn2c90gD1rtbxcno1_250.gif

It did have a great GM Mode, would potentially buy it if it's brought out for backwards compatibility for the Xbox One but that's highly unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Remember when we thought 2K taking over the WWE games was going to be a renaissance of sorts?
    How wrong we were.

Remember when we thought 2K taking over the WWE games was going to be a renaissance of sorts?
    How wrong we were.
    When NBA 2K14 came out for next gen it was bad as it lacked a lot of things in the previous year's game. This was because for Next-Gen consoles they kind of stripped it bare and started fresh but for NBA 2K15 everything was back to normal as everything lost before had returned and more. This is basically what is happening with WWE Games currently.

• Advertisement

I just love playing Universe mode every year, and downloading lots of CAWs and having a huge roster. It's a nice way for me to relax, by playing half of a card in the evenings after work. It can get fun when I play with my friends also, we meet for each pay per view in Universe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Are Yukes involved again this year? If so I'm not buying. 2K have done nothing to improve the game really, and it's the same tripe THQ have been releasing since the PS2. Same engine and everything.

Haven't a clue, but it's become my yearly ritual to just buy each game and play it to death.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Are Yukes involved again this year? If so I'm not buying. 2K have done nothing to improve the game really, and it's the same tripe THQ have been releasing since the PS2. Same engine and everything.

Yep, Yukes and Visual Concepts.

Yep, Yukes and Visual Concepts.

And.... I'm out. Not buying this year. Unless it's on sale. For less than 20. Or is released on PC

Yeah I'll get it when it usually drops in price by around 50% after Wrestlemania.

What additional mode would cause you guys to want it on day 1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

What additional mode would cause you guys to want it on day 1?

GM Mode and a career mode in the style of MyPlayer in NBA 2K15. They have no excuses not to give us at least one of these.

martyos121 wrote: »
    GM Mode and a career mode in the style of MyPlayer in NBA 2K15. They have no excuses not to give us at least one of these.

What's myplayer like?

What's myplayer like?

My brother plays it, quite good except for the idiot players who were pushed through college doing the voice-overs. Bit more cutscenes as well.

• Advertisement

Here's a few people I could see in the Stone Cold Showcase mode:
    Triple H, The Rock, Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, Shane McMahon, Jake Roberts, Dude Love/Mankind, The Undertaker, Kane, Savio Vega, Shawn Michaels.

All I could think of off the top of my head at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Triple H, The Rock, Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, Shane McMahon, Jake Roberts, Dude Love/Mankind, The Undertaker, Kane, Savio Vega, Shawn Michaels.

Youd Have To have Bret in it, that feud made Austin!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lets not forget Jake the Snake Roberts ...Responsible for the birth of Austin 3.16

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

They are always harping on about realism, makin the ring smaller etc....but the game lacks fun, day of reckoning on the GameCube was amazing just for the pick up and playability, I still play it with mates...2k15 is just not fun , the career was a massive let down but again going back to day of reckoning it was amazing, the story mode picked up in the second one where the first one ended, really enjoyable stuff.

Obviously the creation suite needs a rehaul, throughout the years there are many positive aspects to take from previous games, Gm mode was great, another version would go down wonders, even adding it into the universe mode would be massive. I hate having to go back and constantly play other games over the wwe games, I love wrestling it just a she the past few years that the fun has been sucked out of the game

Lets not forget Jake the Snake Roberts ...Responsible for the birth of Austin 3.16

You know I wouldn't forget him Regan haha!

Ugh. Makes me wanna buy this junk of crap of a game.

It just baffles me that you can judge a game before it comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

No screenshots. No videos. No officially announced modes or features, and only six announced wrestlers.

Yeah, that's a well-constructed opinion. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

It just baffles me that you can judge a game before it comes out.

It's easy to judge when it's the same game every year. The game hasn't changed since it's debut on the PS1

Advertisement