Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K16 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

martyos121 wrote: »
    No screenshots. No videos. No officially announced modes or features, and only six announced wrestlers.

Yeah, that's a well-constructed opinion. :rolleyes:
    It just baffles me that you can judge a game before it comes out.
    I've bought every single WWE game in my lifetime from Mega Drive to PS4. For the last 4 or 5, I've given them the benefit of the doubt and looked forward to their release but the last release took the biscuit.

This year I was hoping they'd ditch the PS3 and XB360 versions in the hope they would maximise the power of the next-gen consoles.

Yukes are still involved, so there will be very little change to this dated engine (approx 13/14 years now?).

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    It's easy to judge when it's the same game every year. The game hasn't changed since it's debut on the PS1

Thank you sir. In a nutshell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,454 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I've bought every single WWE game in my lifetime from Mega Drive to PS4. For the last 4 or 5, I've given them the benefit of the doubt and looked forward to their release but the last release took the biscuit.

This year I was hoping they'd ditch the PS3 and XB360 versions in the hope they would maximise the power of the next-gen consoles.

Yukes are still involved, so there will be very little change to this dated engine (approx 13/14 years now?).

I didn't mean to sound harsh in my reply, but it's a huge pet peeve of mine when people label a game before any real news has been released about it. The series has been on a downhill slope for the past number of years, but the fact that they've had two full years to work with the new technology now, makes me think they can do a bit more this time. Look at other sports games like FIFA and NBA 2K, their debut games on the next gen consoles were very average and stripped back, but the follow ups were excellent. Don't write it off just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Ah in fairness other than 2K15 (which I didn't think was that bad), WWE '13 and 2K14 were both great games.

martyos121 wrote: »
    I didn't mean to sound harsh in my reply, but it's a huge pet peeve of mine when people label a game before any real news has been released about it. The series has been on a downhill slope for the past number of years, but the fact that they've had two full years to work with the new technology now, makes me think they can do a bit more this time. Look at other sports games like FIFA and NBA 2K, their debut games on the next gen consoles were very average and stripped back, but the follow ups were excellent. Don't write it off just yet.

Oh I'll wait for feedback and reviews afterwards, but this is the first time ever I won't be buying it on release day.

If the general reaction and longevity of the game is good, I might pick it up cheaper after Xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

http://whatculture.com/gaming/wwe-2k16-10-awesome-old-features-that-must-return.php

I think this is a great article which kinda shows my gripes about the last game. A game which I had massive hopes for. I bought all the 2nd gen consoles just to play all the different released games on each console... (Xbox games sucked)

The problem the have is lack of competition, in the 90s they had to contend with WCW games, then the legends of wrestling games and the different version games on the different consoles. They took a good few ideas from the legend games I thought at the time . Even when the TNA game came out they adopted some of the more fun aspects of that game like the use of the ropes .

They don't have a viable competitor which allows staleness creep in. FIFA upped their game massively when pes came along.nearly every sport franchise has an alternative which breeds creativity from the developers.

Also the massive history of characters and moments should really be utilised more, the amount of things to do in the game should be endless, having arenas all the same size is not right, include stadiums and arenas that have different sizes. ECW arena etc. they have access to all things ECW , WCW the roster should be huge provided they don't have to pay massive royalties.

A team of writers should be able to work on a massive interactive career mode, having one linear storyline to me is a bit of a let down, different options in career mode would allow for massive replay ability .

I like the above poster have bought every iteration of wwe games and all wrestling games( have backyard wrestling still at home!) religiously for years on release day but I have constantly been let down the past few years (attitude era mode was admittingly fun).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

What has really gotten to me about this year's version of the game was the DLC being so buggy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Ok now I am interested:

https://twitter.com/WWE2Kdev/status/614198871133130753

CIYS5ltUAAA910C.jpg

NOT just six Austins, Undertakers and Triple Hs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

How many of those will be DLC i wonder :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'm hoping that we get everyone who missed the cut last year, like Zack Ryder, Heath Slater.

• Advertisement

How many of those will be DLC i wonder :/
    I'm fairly sure that this is just the on-disc roster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm fairly sure that this is just the on-disc roster.

The DLC is always on disc as well though. When you buy the DLC from the PSN or Xbox Live, all you're buying really is an unlock code

The DLC is always on disc as well though. When you buy the DLC from the PSN or Xbox Live, all you're buying really is an unlock code

I thought it was stored on the hard drive of the console? Don't some of these DLC downloads be 500-1000mb? An unlock code would be less than 1kb of data.

I thought it was stored on the hard drive of the console? Don't some of these DLC downloads be 500-1000mb? An unlock code would be less than 1kb of data.

Ya, maybe they changed it last year. I know the previous 2 years, it was on disc DLC.

Anyhoo.... 120 models huh? And i'd say about 100 of them will be crap. Remember Shawn Michaels looked like a melted hot water bottle last year

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6hBgB7eACXMTmaBZ-4thdR3MkGHe9RKIxmKTAqQH1VvqlVTF7

Thought he looked fine personally.

Thought he looked fine personally.

Really?

IN fairness he looked awful.

Year on year, the facial likenesses have gotten worse. It's amazing to think that the ps2 era graphical likenesses were better

So Gerry, if you have so many issues with WWE Games why are you still here? You see most of us here are generally optimistic people who are looking forward to the next release while you're knocking everything in the past, present and future in relation to WWE Games. Why you gotta be so negative bro? All of our conversations about 2K16 are derailed by your negativity.

So Gerry, if you have so many issues with WWE Games why are you still here? You see most of us here are generally optimistic people who are looking forward to the next release while you're knocking everything in the past, present and future in relation to WWE Games. Why you gotta be so negative bro? All of our conversations about 2K16 are derailed by your negativity.

Reel it in there with your grand sweeping statements

You might be interested to note, i was the one created the past 2 Games threads for the past 2 years.

How did "derail" the conversation exactly? When was I negative about past games? I like some of the past games. The ps2 games were mostly brilliant.

Here's the bottom line. I try to be helpful and get along with everybody here on this thread, and on the pro wrestling forum in general. The truth is, the games have been and continue to be poor. That's a fact, and it's also my opinion. And you obviously don't like that - fine. I don't really care. But by that some toke, don't call me out, and accuse me of attempting to derail the thread, and attempt to ruin people's jollys. That's not what i'm about. As can clearly be see by my previous 3.5k replies to posts.

I think gerrybbadd is right though in regards to likeness , now some character models were done in great high detail but some are terrible. It is a valid point to make by those who have felt continuty let down by recent realeases after years of being overly hopefull.

But on the positivity train regards roster size that is great news, especially nearly doubling the previous one, which didn't have many legends so I'm hoping they add in a lot of those with a mix of NXT and ECW and WCW... Probable overly optimistic but hey one can dream

Reel it in there with your grand sweeping statements

You might be interested to note, i was the one created the past 2 Games threads for the past 2 years.

How did "derail" the conversation exactly? When was I negative about past games? I like some of the past games. The ps2 games were mostly brilliant.

Here's the bottom line. I try to be helpful and get along with everybody here on this thread, and on the pro wrestling forum in general. The truth is, the games have been and continue to be poor. That's a fact, and it's also my opinion. And you obviously don't like that - fine. I don't really care. But by that some toke, don't call me out, and accuse me of attempting to derail the thread, and attempt to ruin people's jollys. That's not what i'm about. As can clearly be see by my previous 3.5k replies to posts.
    Are Yukes involved again this year? If so I'm not buying. 2K have done nothing to improve the game really, and it's the same tripe THQ have been releasing since the PS2. Same engine and everything.
    Why make huge exaggerated lies?
    And.... I'm out. Not buying this year. Unless it's on sale. For less than 20. Or is released on PC
    Alright then, why stay here and try to force your opinion onto us.
    It's easy to judge when it's the same game every year. The game hasn't changed since it's debut on the PS1
    It's changed leaps and bounds since the year 2000, did you see the improvements in gameplay in WWE 2K15?
    Ya, maybe they changed it last year. I know the previous 2 years, it was on disc DLC.

Anyhoo.... 120 models huh? And i'd say about 100 of them will be crap. Remember Shawn Michaels looked like a melted hot water bottle last year

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6hBgB7eACXMTmaBZ-4thdR3MkGHe9RKIxmKTAqQH1VvqlVTF7
    This is what I hate. We get news about how there's 120 new models, great news! You just wreck it with negativity.
    Really?

IN fairness he looked awful.

Year on year, the facial likenesses have gotten worse. It's amazing to think that the ps2 era graphical likenesses were better
    Come on buddy, don't go lying! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Why make huge exaggerated lies?

Alright then, why stay here and try to force your opinion onto us.

It's changed leaps and bounds since the year 2000, did you see the improvements in gameplay in WWE 2K15?

This is what I hate. We get news about how there's 120 new models, great news! You just wreck it with negativity.

Come on buddy, don't go lying! :D

Haha some serious sour grapes from you buddy, do you work for 2k games?

If you don't like someone's opinion you can use this magical function that's built In to boards where you don't have to see them ever again. Sorry for butting in but just my two cents.

Haha some serious sour grapes from you buddy, do you work for 2k games?

If you don't like someone's opinion you can use this magical function that's built In to boards where you don't have to see them ever again. Sorry for butting in but just my two cents.
    I'm not being sour, I just don't appreciate people bashing something constantly over and over again. I won't resort to blocking someone over a disagreement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

I'm not being sour, I just don't appreciate people bashing something constantly over and over again. I won't resort to blocking someone over a disagreement.

But you'll go through the trouble of quoting everything bad they've ever said about a video game and call them out on It. It's his opinion and many others, It won't change because you don't like It. The important thing is that you like and enjoy the game, If that's the case then nothing else matters.

But you'll go through the trouble of quoting everything bad they've ever said about a video game and call them out on It. It's his opinion and many others, It won't change because you don't like It. The important thing is that you like and enjoy the game, If that's the case then nothing else matters.
    I'm just curious why he's still here, that's all :)

You don't have the option of blocking me. Have you some vested personal interest In WWE games?

I'll tell you what. Go back over your 600 of threads, and see how many times I've thanked you. I've considered you to be a good poster. Not any more. Heres what's going to happen now. I'm having nothing more to do with you. No thanks. No replies. I suggest you do the same with me.

The games have been poor, and there had been little improvement for years. It's fact that the models have gotten worse looking. And you're flat out defending a game you know nothing about, other than there will be 120 character models, and maybe that Finn Balor has his face scanned. That's all that's really known at the minute.

So away with ya, I'm done with you from now on

One final thing. Learn the difference between lies and having an opinion. You'd want to be careful tarring people as liars

You don't have the option of blocking me. Have you some vested personal interest In WWE games?

I'll tell you what. Go back over your 600 of threads, and see how many times I've thanked you. I've considered you to be a good poster. Not any more. Heres what's going to happen now. I'm having nothing more to do with you. No thanks. No replies. I suggest you do the same with me.

The games have been poor, and there had been little improvement for years. It's fact that the models have gotten worse looking. And you're flat out defending a game you know nothing about, other than there will be 120 character models, and maybe that Finn Balor has his face scanned. That's all that's really known at the minute.

So away with ya, I'm done with you from now on
    The fact that you want to ignore me and suggest that I ignore you upsets me. I thought bygones would be bygones and we could just interact away like nothing really happened (which was my intentions). I was just annoyed that you were speaking negative of the game constantly so I addressed it. Sorry I guess, maybe you might reconsider.

Only fair option is an online streamed 2k15 hell in a cell match with the rassler of choice no CAWS.....

Loser has to leave boards pro wrestling forum forever. ( will be a wrestling stip though so will prob return the next week)

This is gold

• Advertisement

The fact that you want to ignore me and suggest that I ignore you upsets me. I thought bygones would be bygones and we could just interact away like nothing really happened (which was my intentions). I was just annoyed that you were speaking negative of the game constantly so I addressed it. Sorry I guess, maybe you might reconsider.

Seriously?

You went out of your way today to discredit me, and called me a liar. I joined Boards back in 2008 specifically to be a part of this community.Because of how people are to each other here. I've been to Boards events, and met many Boardsies in person - hell, I even went to Wrestlemania 26, and hooked up with several Boards members, over in Phoenix - organised through Boards. I've never been disappointed or angry by anything i've seen here - until today.

I feel over the past almost 8 years, that I'd be known as somebody who is helpful, and adds to the threads. I feel you went out of your way to make me look a liar and someone who wants to stir shít.

So ya, I'm finished with you. Ya know, i was only just thinking yesterday, and this is the absolute truth, that I'd have voted for you in the End of Year Awards if nominated for awards - I had thought that highly of your prior posts. I think today, you've only succeeded in blackening your own name.

I genuinely see now why Bohsjohnny deleted his account

Advertisement