Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K16 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

It's well on good having 120+ unique roster models but if you can only do like 2 or 3 showcases its pointless , It's like been a firing range with 100's of targets and no gun..

Also lads relax no need to fall out over a silly game , so hug it out before the mods step in with sanctions and the like we're all friends here , yes arguements and difference of opinions is fair enough but enough is enough to be fair we just want to talk about the game not squabble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

It's well on good having 120+ unique roster models but if you can only do like 2 or 3 showcases its pointless , It's like been a firing range with 100's of targets and no gun..

Also lads relax no need to fall out over a silly game , so hug it out before the mods step in with sanctions and the like we're all friends here , yes arguements and difference of opinions is fair enough but enough is enough to be fair we just want to talk about the game not squabble

Thats all I ever wanted Brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Look Gerry, I'm sorry for calling you a liar. I worded it too harshly and you were right to be angry. I think your a cool guy but if you don't want to acknowledge me that's alright. Just so we're on the same page, can you see why I might have been frustrated?

Look Gerry, I'm sorry for calling you a liar. I worded it too harshly and you were right to be angry. I think your a cool guy but if you don't want to acknowledge me that's alright. Just so we're on the same page, can you see why I might have been frustrated?

Ok. I accept the apology.

I don't understand the frustration. The whole idea behind creating a thread is so that people can discuss the topic at hand, and add their own opinions. Opinions that most likely will differ. But if you react the way you did over my comments, calling me a liar, and going out of your way to quote me etc, thats a bit much. You might not like the rest of the internet, if you don't like people disagreeing with you, or having a different opinion.

I think you've taken the thread ownership a bit to heart. Don't feel that I set out to take the piss out of the thread, or out of you. That wasn't the intention. And I wasn't trying to ruin anybody enjoyment of the thread, or even press my opinion onto anyone else (come follow me!).

Fact is, I've been stung with these games soooOOoo many times. I buy them every year. Foolishly. There were aspects of last year's game to be applauded, but I felt, fundamentally, it was the same game as the previous year.

And the character models thing - they do this every year. The top 20 guys are done awesome. The remaining guys are "likenesses" and bad ones at that. And the facial scanning tech isn't an excuse, they didn't have CM Punk to hand for facial scanning last year, but they did an amazing job of replicating him in game.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Ok. I accept the apology.

I don't understand the frustration. The whole idea behind creating a thread is so that people can discuss the topic at hand, and add their own opinions. Opinions that most likely will differ. But if you react the way you did over my comments, calling me a liar, and going out of your way to quote me etc, thats a bit much. You might not like the rest of the internet, if you don't like people disagreeing with you, or having a different opinion.

I think you've taken the thread ownership a bit to heart. Don't feel that I set out to take the piss out of the thread, or out of you. That wasn't the intention. And I wasn't trying to ruin anybody enjoyment of the thread, or even press my opinion onto anyone else (come follow me!).

Fact is, I've been stung with these games soooOOoo many times. I buy them every year. Foolishly. There were aspects of last year's game to be applauded, but I felt, fundamentally, it was the same game as the previous year.

And the character models thing - they do this every year. The top 20 guys are done awesome. The remaining guys are "likenesses" and bad ones at that. And the facial scanning tech isn't an excuse, they didn't have CM Punk to hand for facial scanning last year, but they did an amazing job of replicating him in game.
    I honestly agree with you and I'm not just saying that. I was overprotective of a flawed game and tried to pretend any existing problems didn't exist, something I've criticised users of the Xbox One forum for doing in the past. I realise you weren't trying to fùck up the thread and that I got too easily annoyed so I hopped on my high Horse. Speaking of bad models, throw up a photo of Summer Rae's face :D

• Advertisement

I'll do ya one better.... Giffage

wwe-summer.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

So by unique, they mean 120 different people, and NOT 4x Shawn Michaels, 10x Triple H?

So by unique, they mean 120 different people, and NOT 4x Shawn Michaels, 10x Triple H?
    120 before duplicates I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,454 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I assume the 120 character models includes NPCs like refs, ring announcers, commentators etc. There's always a catch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

martyos121 wrote: »
    I assume the 120 character models includes NPCs like refs, ring announcers, commentators etc. There's always a catch.

Even still, the previous count included those too so should be a nice improvement.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

"2k shhhhtudios"

WWE 2K16 Cover to be revealed on Raw this Monday:
    https://twitter.com/WWE2Kdev/status/617002160320942080

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Definitely gonna be Rollins so

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Definitely gonna be Rollins so

You're Welcome....its Sandow ;)
    Honestly expecting Brock to be somewhere on the cover

Unfortunately, I think the cover will have multiple people on it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I think they should have John Cena on the cover of the game every year in a different t-shirt.

This would be great to have, don't know if they can do it but here's hoping!
    We noted before that 2K is working hard to make sure the WWE 2K16 video game has the most up to date roster possible. According to PWInsider, 2K is working on getting recent signings like Samoa Joe in the game, most likely as a downloadable character. 2K's idea is to give fans the greatest wrestling gaming roster ever. - WrestlingInc.com
    Here's the article

I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin Owens is only available through purchasing the season pass. We got rode by 2K last year when we needed to buy the season pass to get Paige (not that I particularly cared) so I wouldn't be shocked if it happened again.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin Owens is only available through purchasing the season pass. We got rode by 2K last year when we needed to buy the season pass to get Paige (not that I particularly cared) so I wouldn't be shocked if it happened again.

Ya, I wouldnt be surprised. Although, I thought the same thing about Sami Zayn last year, and he was included.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Paddy_Mski

Stone Cold for the cover shot... you heard it here first ;)

Stone Cold Steve Austin revealed as the cover star:
    https://twitter.com/WWE/status/618042882688200704

He was interviewed about MTV about it. Click
    And here's another piece by ABC - Clicky!

This also seems to be his in-game render:
    wwe2k16_stone_cold_steve_austin.jpg?itok=zzP18iDw

Cover Superstar announcement video, no gameplay:

Don't forget:
    9014_front.jpg

Biggest roster ever:
    CJPFlKMWUAADy3W.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Enzo and Big Cass should be on the cover

• Advertisement

It seems that the alternate cover contest from WWE 2K14 was only a one time thing, but I could be proven wrong!

Advertisement