Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K16 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Weird putting a retired wrestler on the front, Brock would have been a good choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Paddy_Mski

I hate to say I told ya so....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Paddy_Mski wrote: »
    I hate to say I told ya so....

No ya don't

If Austin is going to be the main story mode this year, it makes sense for him to be on the cover.

I am very excited for this prospect. Being on the cover, or included in the game, has weirdly led to Former Wrestlers returning. For example, Brock, was included in a game for the first time in years, and he returns then a little over a year later.

Warrior, having had nothing to do with the WWE for years, is a big part of the All Stars game, advertising etc. He returns to the fold some years later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    No ya don't

If Austin is going to be the main story mode this year, it makes sense for him to be on the cover.

I am very excited for this prospect. Being on the cover, or included in the game, has weirdly led to Former Wrestlers returning. For example, Brock, was included in a game for the first time in years, and he returns then a little over a year later.

Warrior, having had nothing to do with the WWE for years, is a big part of the All Stars game, advertising etc. He returns to the fold some years later.

I have noticed this pattern in the past. Also RVD was randomly included a year or 2 ago and he returned on a raw after Mania soon after. Oh, and Sting last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

It's because it's 2k16.

3:16.

Fiver says that was the selling point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

Game is programmed so that you can't make a match between Austin and Lesnar for the authentic WWE experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be surprised if Batista is in the game, even if it is just his model from last year.

Eva Marie possibly in WWE 2K16, the tweet mentioned in the video has been taken down:

The WWE2KDev YouTube channel uploaded a celebratory video about Steve Austin being announced as the cover star for the game:

But that's not what's important, what's important is a breakdown that someone did of that video in which he shows bits of the game's development:

I'd like it if you won a championship with someone in Universe Mode they automatically switched the championship to their own custom version, i.e the Smoking Skull belt with Austin.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Given how little the games have progressed year on year the tag line for this years game should be;

"WWE 2K16 : Meh, who cares"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,454 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 version 7 would also be accurate

Eva Marie shooting for WWE 2K16.
    https://instagram.com/p/45T1L4GzQo/

The 2K website lists WWE 2K16 as available for pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4 and.. PC!

• Advertisement

List of all of the WWE Video Game covers, interesting enough actually:
    http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-video-game-covers-photos

I counted there, and I think I've played about 24 or 25 of those. How many have you tried out?

14 for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,454 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

17 for me, War Zone was my first and I loved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

34, first was royal rumble on SNES

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

First was Super Wrestlemania on Mega Drive.

Most played was probably WWF Attitude on PS1. Or HCTP on PS2

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

28 for me and it will stay at 28 for a while as I'm staying clear of the 2k range until they drastically overhaul it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

I own 34 of these.

féck....

( edit - I actually have a good few more that aren't on this list, a few gameboy ones mainly I think ).

Crush Hour is probably the only WWE game since In Your House that I didnt get

I own 34 of these.

féck....
    You currently own 34 of them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

You currently own 34 of them?

Yea, even have both N64 and PS1 versions of Attitude and Warzone

Advertisement