Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K16 Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Loughc wrote: »
    Austin is the limited edition this year.

Comes with Austin DVD, signed card,etc

Or so the rumour has it.
    Annoying when you consider we had this three years ago if that is the case:
    wwe-13-austin-316-edition.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Looks good so far, ill wait till I see it inhand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Would like to be able to actually do the OMG moves as opposed to hittin the finisher button and watchin a cut scene!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Loughc wrote: »
    Austin is the limited edition this year.

Comes with Austin DVD, signed card,etc

Or so the rumour has it.

I hope it is the Stone Cold limited edition. I have got the last 2 special editions of Taker and Hogan so missed out on the stone cold edition last time.

Sirsok wrote: »
    Would like to be able to actually do the OMG moves as opposed to hittin the finisher button and watchin a cut scene!
    Doing a suicide dive over the couch with your kinect!

• Advertisement

Is it too much to ask that the things that pyro emit out of be in the game rather than fireworks bursting out of the ground?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

There were Lucha Dragons, Charlotte and Sawft shirts in the crowd.

Kevin Owens and Stardust as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Not much new info in this video but the stuff re: Create Show sounds awesome.
    Basically, if you make a new show for Universe, e.g.: WCW Thunder, you will be able to upload your own custom graphics to add to the production value of the show, like the matchup selection screen can have your own custom background, presumably the nameplates during the entrances, backstage interviews etc...

That along with the return of Create and Arena is gona make for some deadly content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDgkDDuIGuw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

http://whatculture.com/gaming/16-things-we-learned-from-gamescom-2015.php/10

After WWE 2K15 was the worst-reviewed core WWE game in years and years, 2K Sports certainly have plenty to make up for with WWE 2K16, promising a massive roster of 120 wrestlers and the restoration of a number of classic features missing from the previous game.

One consistent problem with WWE’s main series of games for years has been how ridiculously outdated the graphics looked compared to other sports games, but with Yuke’s and Visual Concepts having now dealt with the growing pains of shifting the series to current-gen platforms, hopefully the next game will look a ton more photo-realistic, right?
    Wrong. As a series of gameplay videos demonstrate, it still looks painfully behind the times, with the crowd still looking like they’re made out of cardboard and the character models simply lacking the liveliness and believability of other sports titles. Also, the commentary yet again sounds way off the mark (Seth Rollins walks down to the ring and is referred to as “this superstar”).

Hopefully the gameplay refinements will make the game worth buying, but how these games continue to look so dated is mind-boggling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,454 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Made the mistake of buying 2K15 when all the signs pointed towards it being a dud. Haven't missed a main WWE game since Shut Your Mouth, but unless a GM Mode is announced, I'm leaving this well alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I'm gonna have to wait for reviews here. Can't take the plunge. Getting a bit too old now for buying it blindly and then putting it in the cupboard for another year after two nights of play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I think it's time they dumped Yukes.

Sirsok wrote: »
    http://whatculture.com/gaming/16-things-we-learned-from-gamescom-2015.php/10

After WWE 2K15 was the worst-reviewed core WWE game in years and years, 2K Sports certainly have plenty to make up for with WWE 2K16, promising a massive roster of 120 wrestlers and the restoration of a number of classic features missing from the previous game.

One consistent problem with WWE’s main series of games for years has been how ridiculously outdated the graphics looked compared to other sports games, but with Yuke’s and Visual Concepts having now dealt with the growing pains of shifting the series to current-gen platforms, hopefully the next game will look a ton more photo-realistic, right?
    Wrong. As a series of gameplay videos demonstrate, it still looks painfully behind the times, with the crowd still looking like they’re made out of cardboard and the character models simply lacking the liveliness and believability of other sports titles. Also, the commentary yet again sounds way off the mark (Seth Rollins walks down to the ring and is referred to as “this superstar”).

Hopefully the gameplay refinements will make the game worth buying, but how these games continue to look so dated is mind-boggling.
    Yukes are just dreadful. Visual Concepts just do the finer details if I can recall correctly. I wish Yukes were scrapped and that 2K actually developed the game. The fact that their basketball game is better than EA's just goes to show you that they're that damn good.

2K could be in the process of developing the game but given they are still fresh to taking over the franchise, they may be relying heavily on Yukes to get the first 1-3 games out. That's my hope anyway.

When UFC went from THQ to EA, it took a few years for the release because it was a whole new engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

2K could be in the process of developing the game but given they are still fresh to taking over the franchise, they may be relying heavily on Yukes to get the first 1-3 games out. That's my hope anyway.

When UFC went from THQ to EA, it took a few years for the release because it was a whole new engine.

EA released EA MMA a few years before the ufc game (it's actually a better game than the ufc one too) & I'm pretty sure its just a modified fight night engine.
    Think 2K just are cashing in on the wwe name keeping Yukes who haven't done a good wrestling game in over a decade & their games look painfully dated.

Yeah my theory is more just hoping than anything, it's the only reason I can think of that a reputable developer like 2K with the reputation they have are still dealing with the clowns at Yukes.

Lucha Dragons confirmed.
    CMBpNStWoAA8h3s.jpg

Confirmed:
    Booker T,
    Emma,
    Eva Marie,
    Kalisto,
    Kane,
    Sin Cara,
    Summer Rae,
    Tamina,
    Triple H
    Colonel Mustafa,
    General Adnan,
    Lord Steven Regal.

Screenshots of Triple H, Lucha Dragons, John Cena, Kane and Finn Bálor in this video:

Kalisto's entrance:

Notice Bad News Barrett walking around the ring (seemingly controlled by the player) whilst Kalisto is doing his thing in the ring.

Some weird inclusions there, but I suppose they need to bump up the characters to meet the 120.

I like the idea of controlling your guy while an entrance is happening. I notice as well there is an option to break out - I'd say this might be to break the entrance animation and take over control of the character.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's it Ger. The inclusion of Regal, Mustafa and Adnan is typical lazy developers. They need to fill out the 120 characters so what do they do? They get DLC from last year and port it straight over to this year's game. I'd put my house on it that those three will have the same attires as last year.

Yeah that's it Ger. The inclusion of Regal, Mustafa and Adnan is typical lazy developers. They need to fill out the 120 characters so what do they do? They get DLC from last year and port it straight over to this year's game. I'd put my house on it that those three will have the same attires as last year.

I actually dont mind including them. They wouldn't be on my wishlist of characters to be included but its kinda annoying when every year they swap out some legends to make room for the next year's batch. I'm all for keeping in the previous year's DLC in as the in-game roster, adding more and then more again when the 2K16 DLC is announced. there was only like, 67 characters ingame last year.. it's gona top off at around 150 I'd say this year with the dlc.

It's far easier for the likes of Bastektball and Football games to have a massive amount of players as all the jerseys are just the same 3d model with a different texture duplicated for the whole team...

Ugh, was excited to watch the Kalisto entrance, but see his deformed body doing the "Lucha-Lucha" thing? Reminded me of an old stretch armstrong doll from the 90's! :-/

You can change the material of clothing now, something that was done on Fight Night many years ago:

You can change the material of clothing now, something that was done on Fight Night many years ago:
    https://youtu.be/H4uxU7YhtG8

I think you could do this on Raw 2 for the original Xbox about 12 years ago

I think you could do this on Raw 2 for the original Xbox about 12 years ago

I think you could also interrupt entrances in that game too.

I hate when they take away features from games, and re-introduce them later, as if they are all new, when they're not.

That being said, the ability to change materials for clothing has a lot of potential

[URL="WWE 2K16 Gamescom preview: Expanded roster can't hide the lack of energy in a tired series"]WWE 2K16 Gamescom preview: Expanded roster can't hide the lack of energy in a tired series[/URL]

Everything I've been fearing.

I fear that, without a year out, we will never have a "new" WWE game. It'll be the same tired formula year in, year out. And it's WWE to blame, not 2K, or THQ.

Yukes also have a big portion of the blame to shoulder

Another year of terrible reviews and negative feedback will surely give us a good game by Xmas 2017. One can dream.

• Advertisement

The beards look great I must say:
    https://instagram.com/p/6TcRdGlURE/

Advertisement