Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE 2K16 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

DLC revealed. Some really random choices for this....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

DLC revealed. Some really random choices for this....

Is that all the DLC?

Or just what's included on the season pass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Here's all the DLC:
    Accelerator
    • Players will gain instant access to all unlockable content available in the game (excluding downloadable content);
    • The Accelerator will be available for a suggested price of $1.99.

MyPlayer KickStart (PS4™ system and Xbox One Exclusive)
    • Players will gain instant access to boost created Superstar ratings and attributes in the game’s MyCareer mode;
    • MyPlayer KickStart will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.

Legends Pack
    • Playable WWE Legends: Big Boss Man, Dusty Rhodes, Lita, Mr. Perfect, “Rowdy” Roddy Piper and Trish Stratus;
    • The Legends Pack will be available for a suggested price of $8.99.

2015 Hall of Fame Showcase
    • Playable matches include:
    o “Macho Man” Randy Savage vs. Jake “The Snake” Roberts;
    o Rikishi vs. The Rock;
    o Alundra Blayze vs. Paige;
    o Larry Zbyszko vs. Arn Anderson;
    o Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Ric Flair;
    o The Bushwhackers (Butch Miller and Luke Williams) vs. The Natural Disasters (Typhoon and Earthquake);
    o The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) vs. Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray);
    • The 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.

New Moves Pack
    • More than 30 new moves, including the Corner Enzuigiri (made popular by WWE Diva Nikki Bella), Avalanche Ram (made popular by WWE Diva Paige), Sidewinder Suplex (made popular by WWE and NXT Superstar Kevin Owens), Standing Crossface Chickenwing (made popular by WWE Superstar Stardust) and Dragon Sleeper (made popular by NXT Superstar Finn Bálor);
    • The New Moves Pack will be available for a suggested price of $3.99.

Future Stars Pack
    • Playable NXT Superstars: Samoa Joe, Diego, Fernando, Blake and Murphy;
    • The Future Stars Pack will be available for a suggested price of $7.99.

About the WWE 2K16 Season Pass
    Players may purchase nearly all WWE 2K16 downloadable content at a reduced price point through the game’s Season Pass. For a suggested price of $24.99, a savings of more than 20 percent versus individual content purchases, players will receive the following items as they become available:
    • Accelerator (access to all unlockable content available in the game);
    • Legends Pack;
    • 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase;
    • New Moves Pack;
    • Future Stars Pack.
    https://wwe.2k.com/news/wwe-2k16-downloadable-content-season-pass-and-digital-deluxe-editions-annou

Look at Steamboat!
    https://instagram.com/p/8MensYFUWl/

[*]Sensational Sherri and Ted Dibiase confirmed as managers in the game.

Dean Ambrose's entrance:

Daniel Bryan's entrance (same as last year):

The Natural, Dustin Rhodes has been added to the list of DLC as the showcase DLC also includes Dustin & Steamboat vs The Enforcers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Raw from Dublin, Ireland eh? Haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

No sign of create a finisher, when everything else is in there. Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Can't understand why in the blue hell Mikey Whipwreck in on the Roster, What about Raven? and no custom music option again this year What's up with that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Can't understand why in the blue hell Mikey Whipwreck in on the Roster, What about Raven? and no custom music option again this year What's up with that?

Mikey's in as part of the Austin storyline.

They're probably holding the custom music, so it can be introduced as a trail blazing "new feature" in a future year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sirsok

http://whatculture.com/gaming/wwe-2k16-hands-on-impressions-12-things-you-need-to-know.php

Review of some of the features....still gonna hold off on buying it, untill the gameplay seems fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Sirsok wrote: »
    http://whatculture.com/gaming/wwe-2k16-hands-on-impressions-12-things-you-need-to-know.php

Review of some of the features....still gonna hold off on buying it, untill the gameplay seems fun!

Ive never enjoyed a wrestling game since the PS2 days, they havent progressed greatly gameplay wise or graphic wise as technology has come on.

Wrestlemania 2000 FTW

Would love to see an ECW Raven with the shirt around the waste in this.

Seemingly, there was a bit of an embargo on pics etc, that was released yesterday. What culture have a pile of new stuff at the below link, showing unlockables screenscreen, main menu, etc etc

http://whatculture.com/gaming/wwe-2k16-40-new-screenshots-you-need-to-see.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Paige is default NXT womens champion. lol

• Advertisement

There's also about *1894 different Steve Austins in game

*may be a slight over- exaggeration

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Paige about to play this live with the guy from Conan o'Brien http://www.twitch.tv/teamcoco

Surprised they got LimpBizkit...
    hopeful of "My Way" for the Rock v Austin hype video in Showcase...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

commentary is still God awful!

Lads,

i'm tempted.... very tempted. Been watching some entrance videos etc on YouTube. 2K know dang well what they're doing, pulling out the aul nostalgic entrances etc.

Best deal i've seen so far has been on the Canadian PSN - $99.99, which works out about €63 for the Digital Deluxe, out Tuesday

Xtravision have the physical copy for €54.99, out Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Yeah just one ordered the digital deluxe version off the US PSN Store. I'm off work Tuesday and Wednesday so will have it just in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Why does everyone look like they have eels for hair, hair doesn't move that much!

Cesaro's custom sideplate for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

Sz8sVLpl.jpg

Loads more here: http://m.imgur.com/a/MHuBG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I think it would be cool if they can incorporate Spotify with entrance themes for next year. Since WWE has a Spotify account with new and old school theme songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,314 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I had a £25 gift card for Amazon so just pre ordered from there for £15

Mine is downloaded and good to go for install tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Any ideas when reviews should drop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,314 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

That's a great idea. Hopefully it'll allow pics as logos, itll make creation a whole lot easier.

Naturally, there's bound to be an abundance of dick pics taken too, and uploaded to the online communit, but hopefully these will be weeded out.

It's been decided - i'm getting this today

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    It's been decided - i'm getting this today

Gerry you caved to the hype Haha. I'm not going to bother as after a day or two I stopped playing the other WWE 2K games and never picked them up it again.

Loughc wrote: »
    Gerry you caved to the hype Haha. I'm not going to bother as after a day or two I stopped playing the other WWE 2K games and never picked them up it again.

Ya!

I'm desperate really - always happens to me.

Reading a couple of impressions on other forums from people playing it at the minute, and it's mostly all good.

And do ya know what turned it for me? Looking at the Nation of Domination's entrance on youtube - Damn you 2K and your Nostalgic inclusions!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Let me know what it's like. I might not pick it up myself but if it's any good I'll get the missus to get it for me for Christmas haha.

Loughc wrote: »
    Let me know what it's like. I might not pick it up myself but if it's any good I'll get the missus to get it for me for Christmas haha.

Will do!

Cheapest i've seen it anyhow was on the Canadian PSN, so i've got $100 worth of PSN credit coming later from Videogames Plus - Huge file size though - 38.35GB or so. I'll be going for the Digital Deluxe version, which works out about €75.

EDIT:

They've changed the price on the Canadian PSN - Digital Deluxe was $99.99 - now $109.99. Back to the drawing board

Can you not get Canadian credit the same way as USA credit on Amazon?

I got 60 dollars of USA PSN credit on Amazon instantly the other day.

Can you not get Canadian credit the same way as USA credit on Amazon?

I got 60 dollars of USA PSN credit on Amazon instantly the other day.

Not yet - they only post out the credit. I use Amazon for the US credit myself - it's great

Have to go through the US Store...

Its impossible to get Canadian PSN credit, less that in $50 denominations. Searched high and low for a $10 or even $20 code, but useless.

Fecked if I'm getting $150 worth of vouchers.

I'll just get the US Credit via Amazon instead.

Have to go through the US Store...

Its impossible to get Canadian PSN credit, less that in $50 denominations. Searched high and low for a $10 or even $20 code, but useless.

Fecked if I'm getting $150 worth of vouchers.

I'll just get the US Credit via Amazon instead.

Yep it works out roughly the same anyway.

I see anybody that ordered a digital code from Amazon.com on the PS4 got dodgy codes out, and nobody has been able to download the game.

Also, they're not selling the digital deluxe version for PS4 - only the Xbox

• Advertisement

I see anybody that ordered a digital code from Amazon.com on the PS4 got dodgy codes out, and nobody has been able to download the game.

Also, they're not selling the digital deluxe version for PS4 - only the Xbox

I never do it that way. I buy the instant PSN credit and apply to my account. Way safer option.

I never do it that way. I buy the instant PSN credit and apply to my account. Way safer option.

I'll be doing this too I reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Lads,

Xtravision have the physical copy for €54.99, out Friday

They really are a joke, just messaged them on twitter and the price when it releases will be 74.99 even though as you say its listed as 54.99 on the website!

They really are a joke, just messaged them on twitter and the price when it releases will be 74.99 even though as you say its listed as 54.99 on the website!

Ah jaysus! Wish I could say I was surprised.

Have it downloading now anyhow. Looks like it's playable after an initial 3 or 4 gig d/l

In the initial download, you can pick just one on one singles match, with 4 or 5 guys. No commentary

I've been Austin vs Ambrose. Ambrose has kicked my ass in the past 2 out of 3 matches. Definite improvement so far, it's evident after only 20 mins play

Some early Creations from the online community... works in progress, but looking great so far with the game only out a few hours.
    Will be up on PS4, search "dynomyte"

2ntjyvb.png

dwe54j.png

iohohi.png

• Advertisement

It's a definite improvement.

Some bugs for sure and the collision detection still leaves a bit to be desired. The character models also look a bit out-dated at this stage. They definitely need a year out, but they have a decent game here and with some additional DLC they could definitely keep it going for two years.

My game was a pre-order. Where's Terminator? :D

2 solid hours here trying to beat the 2nd Match against Bret Hart in showcase mode. If he locks in that sharpshooter, it's done. Every time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

If he locks in that sharpshooter, it's done. Every time

Wow, so realistic! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

2 solid hours here trying to beat the 2nd Match against Bret Hart in showcase mode. If he locks in that sharpshooter, it's done. Every time

Between this and the submission tutorial in My Career, I thought I was gonna smash my controller. Overall tho it feels like its been improved upon 2K15.

• Advertisement
Advertisement