Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K16 Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Kidd & Cesaro and The Vaudevillian's entrances:

18 Wrestlers confirmed:
    • Alicia Fox
    • Bam Bam Bigelow
    • The Big Show
    • Cameron
    • Cesaro
    • Darren Young
    • Diamond Dallas Page
    • Dolph Ziggler
    • Finlay
    • Kevin Nash
    • Layla
    • Lex Luger
    • The Miz
    • Naomi
    • Randy Orton
    • Sheamus
    • Titus O'Neal
    • Tyson Kidd
    Here's the IGN article for all their renders.
    Just found an article giving a hands-on impression of the game by OperationSports, screenshots confirm Jake "The Snake" Roberts and there's one or two more in the link.
    35045.jpg
    Some insight on the Steve Austin Showcase:
    Steve Austin was revealed as the Showcase (story mode of the game), and it covers his career from WCW to ECW to WWF/E. The opening video was impressive (we could not hear it though), showing some major happenings in Austin’s career like the Hollywood Blondes with Brian Pillman and the strap match with Savio Vega. I don’t know if that confirms these wrestlers in the game, but it did make me assume they are in the final product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'm delighted to see Jake Roberts back in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Vader probably in too if his t-shirt in the crowd is anything to go by. Which it always has been in the past...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Will boring, no-paint Finn be in the game?

Will boring, no-paint Finn be in the game?
    Yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The Austin part is well done, nice touch using his old music and all. Wonder could we see the Wild Man Marc Mero in game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

The ****ing commentating just takes me out of it completely! All the new inclusions an wrestlers seem great in fairness and I'm quite pleased about that! But commentating has been a huge gripe of mine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Sirsok wrote: »
    The ****ing commentating just takes me out of it completely! All the new inclusions an wrestlers seem great in fairness and I'm quite pleased about that! But commentating has been a huge gripe of mine!

Still mentioning Seth Rollins' "redacted" finisher? Still calling it the 'Piece of Mind'?

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Was Austin not still the ring master that time in the KOTR ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Was Austin not still the ring master that time in the KOTR ?

No he had recently changed to SCSA but was a full fledged, cold hearted heel. He became a face like all good faces in WWE do really, by accident.

The special edition isn't great:
    oh9xx.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

aaaah okay no I only asked cos it was the 1st thing that came to mind when i watched the gameplay video above I was thinking did they get that wrong consider me corrected

That special edition is shyte

Nice addition:

I'd say Seth Rollins is the main reason behind that being a feature in this year's edition, y'think?

That's pretty cool. blocky lookin in the video but you can change the paint brush to smaller so I'm sure that's more accurate. great feature anyway, cant wait to see what else they got lined up. The CAW faces seem much better quality too and that one doesn't have a photo texture applied to it which would no doubt improve it again

Yeah I'm hoping that the creation suite gets a big improvement, I'm not one for having over the top CAWs but we were very restricted last year. Create an Arena could be great with the logo uploader making it easier to get aprons & logos. I'd say we're only getting one showcase by the looks of it as they haven't said anything about another.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm hoping that the creation suite gets a big improvement, I'm not one for having over the top CAWs but we were very restricted last year. Create an Arena could be great with the logo uploader making it easier to get aprons & logos. I'd say we're only getting one showcase by the looks of it as they haven't said anything about another.

Create an Arena will be awesome and you can add graphics like matchup screens and nameplates for entrances etc with the logo tool. I'd prefer one long storyline rather than the 2 separate ones last year. Needs to have more matches building up to PPV events rather than just skipping from one PPV to the next which was mainly the case in 2k15

If the Steve Austin Showcase is as detailed as the Attitude Era one from WWE 13, I'll be happy enough. I thought that was very good in it's attention to detail with different arenas and outfits and entrance themes. We stand to get a lot of playable characters from the 90s then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

If the Steve Austin Showcase is as detailed as the Attitude Era one from WWE 13, I'll be happy enough. I thought that was very good in it's attention to detail with different arenas and outfits and entrance themes. We stand to get a lot of playable characters from the 90s then.

Better have a load of shìte looking stunners to Vince if it wants to be historically accurate. And the stooges too.

We haven't had Gerald Brisco & Pat Patterson in a game in years, that would be great craic.

Ha, that would be actually. Think they were just in Wrestlemania 2000 & No Mercy for the N64 and Smackdown 1 and 2 for PSone.
    A great buncha lads....

I'd love for the Ministry of Darkness storyline to be in the game.

I'd love it if we got a good version of Ron Simmons, Mideon and a few of the others who haven't turned up in ages. Gangrel was in it a couple of years ago so they could easily include his model again. I guess some of it will be in there, maybe, but then again May 1999.....

Lads, it's gonna be all about Savio Vega! Caribbean Strap Match, here I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

We haven't had Gerald Brisco & Pat Patterson in a game in years, that would be great craic.

They can also use them to sneak "Real American" back into the game.

• Advertisement

Advertisement