Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First fish on the fly on the same day I started practising.

Options
  • 09-05-2015 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Good news I just caught my first fish on the fly today. My dad thought me a few tips and I got 4 takes and only 1 land. They are all baby's and could not hook on. They were only an inch or two. But hey no matter what size he was my first trout on the fly. The river was not even flooded so thats why they are small. I heard of good one being caught in the flood. I was using wet flies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

There is nothing wrong with small trout olwas. Keep at them. When you are starting out the small lads will build your confidence and hone you skills, particulaly around striking. There is plenty of rain at the mo so once it floods you will see the big lads come on the take.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Olwas2014

SeaFields wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with small trout olwas. Keep at them. When you are starting out the small lads will build your confidence and hone you skills, particulaly around striking. There is plenty of rain at the mo so once it floods you will see the big lads come on the take.

Thanks. I do not care about what size of fish I catch it is still a trout. I still felt the fight on the fly.the fight on the fly rod is way better. I fish a lake with much much bigger brownies. Size isn't everything:)

There is a flood after all the rain but I won't be able to get a chance to fish it until the weekend when the flood might be gone unfortunately.

Thanks seafield

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Well done Oswald, more to come hopefully:)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Olwas2014

Thanks for your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭minktrapper

Fair play to you.Keep at it and the bigger ones will come.

• Advertisement
Advertisement