Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental prices Limerick

• 09-05-2015 8:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

Whats going on with the rental prices in Limerick at the moment?
    We viewed a house today in Caherdavin and they are looking for 1,000 euro pm !!! seriously as lovely as the house was no way would I consider paying anywhere near that for there.

I live in that area now and want to stay on this side of the city because of the kids going to school and that but recently there isn't a whole lot of rental properties and most of what is there is out dated and the furniture is fit for the bin and they are looking for stupid money for run down houses.

Has anyone any other good places to check aside from daft/my home etc. Looking for somewhere decent in the Caherdavin,Claireview, NCR area.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

There's been quite a few positive jobs announcements for the city, and these are ultimately going to drive rental and property prices up. The more the city develops (and it seems to be going in the right direction), the more sought after property will be. Sorry for stating the bleeding obvious! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Yeah I agree its positive news for the city but surely people can't expect to get the kind of money they are asking for houses that are in poor nick and poor interior, or maybe they can maybe there is enough people out there with too much money and don't mind paying over the odds for rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Houses in Caherdavin are close to the college, near pubs, shopping centres, easy access to a major employment area in shannon and obviously limerick itself..

Supply and demand too, there isnt enough supply in Limerick. There hasnt been any new estates built in a few years.

There might be a bit of hysteria too. The market is remarkably susceptible to it.

cronin_j wrote: »
    Supply and demand too, there isnt enough supply in Limerick. There hasnt been any new estates built in a few years.

With half the city derelict I'd say it's not so much about supply & demand, but rather a real lack of high quality residential accommodation in the city. If we renovated the buildings in city centre to a good living standard, we'd never need to build these estates on the outskirts again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭triple nipple

glic83 wrote:
    Whats going on with the rental prices in Limerick at the moment? We viewed a house today in Caherdavin and they are looking for 1,000 euro pm !!! seriously as lovely as the house was no way would I consider paying anywhere near that for there.

Welcome to Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Welcome to Dublin

Lol thats what its starting to feel like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

zulutango wrote: »
    There might be a bit of hysteria too. The market is remarkably susceptible to it.
    "There's a recovery on the radio, don't you know?" ;)

Advertisement