Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training cat

• 09-05-2015 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭

So I've been strength training my cat

I've started mixing whey into its food, small amounts at first, just to get it used to the taste, and slightly more every meal. Right now it's eating about 4 meals of 50% meat and 50% whey a day, about 50g protein which for a 5kg cat is like a human eating 750g of protein a day.

I made my cat a knitted sweater to use as a weight vest. I attach small weights to it. Mainly fishing sinkers. I attach them one by one, so that it wouldn't notice the additional weight. By now the cat is 2.5kg climbing trees and running around.

In addition to the vest, I've started my cat on climbing this large tree in my back garden. 3 sets of 5 climbs up and down. I managed to figure a way to make it do a sort of crude bench press by turning it upside down and pushing down on its paws. 3x8 sets

Cat is making decent progress but I'm worried about legs and lower body. I don't want it turning out to be a curlbro. What's the best way to hit the thighs and glutes for gains?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Have you tried cardio?? Perhaps put a picture of a dog on a boxing bag?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

*pfffffttt*
    Who'd refer to their prize power-lifting cat as an "it"?
    Hmmm?
    Your thread might be better off in another forum op. Not here though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement