Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pioneer SPH-120DA(CarPlay) - not finding apps

Options
  • 09-05-2015 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I bought this today, but it is not finding my apps (which is the reason I bought it).

It is finding my iPhone 6 on bluetooth, so I can listen to music etc.

It is charging my phone, so the lightening cable is connecting with the radio via one of the tw USB, but it will not bring up my apps.

Can anyone please assist me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tea2

Do you see any apps at all within Carplay?

On my DA120, when I plug in the phone, I get a disclaimer on the head unit display that I have to hit OK to, then get presented with the screen full of apps. I think there are about 6 apps as standard - Music, Maps, Now Playing and a few others.

If you're not even getting the disclaimer and OK button, try switching to the other USB port at the back of the radio, as only one of the two ports is Apple Carplay compatible. The other port can play music and a few other things, but won't bring up the Carplay interface (As far as I remember)

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭carolluke1

did you turn on siri on the iphone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

do you need to install a carplay app on the phone as well?

you do for android equivalent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Sorry to revive this thread, but I’m having the exact same issue.

Plug the phone in, get the disclaimer, then get a plain black screen.

If I go back to the main screen, I see a CarPlay icon, I press that and I get a black screen again.

Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

OU812 wrote: »
    Sorry to revive this thread, but I’m having the exact same issue.

Plug the phone in, get the disclaimer, then get a plain black screen.

If I go back to the main screen, I see a CarPlay icon, I press that and I get a black screen again.

Anyone any ideas?

What phone and what ios ? Did it ever work?

• Advertisement

Bizarrely, two hours later I went out to the car, plugged it in and the damn thing worked for the first time.

The only difference is I updated my phone (8+) the other day when the new o/s came out.

carolluke1 wrote: »
    did you turn on siri on the iphone?

I think this is the thing. I did a complete reset & update of my phone & turned on Siri as part of the setup during the week.

I was just trying to get it to work with the wife's phone, (she'd just done a standard OTA update) & having no luck. She hadn't got Siri enabled. Once I enabled it, it all worked ok.

Advertisement