Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing hair color

Options
  • 09-05-2015 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Has anybody any recommendations for a product that will remove a home use hair dye?. I have a fairly dark red color in at the minute which I love but its a bit dark for the summer. I would love to go to a dark golden brown for the next few months. I have seen some products in chemists but I have never used them before, any help is greatly appreciated.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Colour B4 works great to remove hair dye, I've used it to remove red dye before. It doesn't use bleach and doesn't dry out your hair, it's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I had a bit of a hair colour disaster yesterday evening and am looking for advice please. I used a dark blonde/light brown all over permanent colour and my hair is now yellow!! I tried the product mentioned above Colour b4 and it didn't work. Any suggestions as to what I can do? Am I looking at a lengthly and costly trip to the hairdressers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

What colour are you trying to achieve? Colour B4 can only remove darker colours. If you are trying to go blonde, you'll have to go to a salon. If you don't mind going darker, get a semi-permanent dye in *light* brown to temporarily correct your hair as it will be more porous after the Colour B4. Give it a couple of weeks before dyeing again.

http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/hair-colour/semi-permanent-hair-colour/casting-creme-gloss/713-iced-latte

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I was trying to cover the grey in my own colour - light brown. I usually cover it with dark blonde / light brown and it's grand. Duno what went wrong. The hairsresser put a mahogany in today and it's gone v dark. I don't mind that though once the patchy yellow is gone!!!
    My scalp and hair are a bit fragile at the mo but leaving them alone to let the natural oils build up again. What a disaster!!

Advertisement