Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Materials price for Plumbing a 2750 sq foot house

• 09-05-2015 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

Hello,

Im trying to sort out some prices i received for the plumbing of my house.
    Two plumbers priced labour only, whilst the third quoted for materials too. Just wondering, if you exclude the air to water system and the underfloor heating how much would i expect it pay in materials to plumb a 2,750 square foot dormer with the following

- 4 toilets
    - 3 showers
    - 1 bath
    - 2 sinks
    - Fully pressurized system

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭delfagio

Hi TheBackbar,

Our house is 2,500sq foot and I can give you an idea of what we have spent and will spend to finish.

1,850euro = for 3nr shower trays, 3nr mixer units for showers, 3nr shower rail kits with heads and hose pipes, one kit with rainwater shower head also, 1nr standard bath
    1,000euro = for insulated multilayered plastic pipes for hot & cold runs to bathrooms, 32mm multilayer pipe for supply feed from cold water storgae tanks to pressurised pump in utility and back to hotpress to distribution manifold & hot cyclinder tank, multilayered cold supply pipe from incoming water at utility to attic for tanks, 1nr manifold system for hot and cold supply feeds to bathrooms, kitchen & utility, press fitting tees, bends and couplers, for insulated multilayered pipes for flow and return runs to upstairs UFH manifold, downstairs UFH manifold and to boiler location
    600euro = 2nr 50 gallon cold storage tanks in attic, ball cock valves, fittings for connections, 32mm waste pipes from showers, sinks, baths, toilets, 3Nr 4" Soil Stacks on outside of house and all branch connections, cowls, bends etc.
    1,600euro = for plumbers for the 1st fix of all plumbing, pressure tested
    1,350euro = for oil condensing boiler
    5,000euro = for underfloor heating pipes, 10nr room stats, 2nr UFH manifolds for 7 zones, 2nr wiring centres for manifolds, 1nr programable boiler control with indoor and outdoor sensors for climatic control, 1nr Lovato T-Box distribution centre with pumps for underfloor heating supply to downstairs and upstairs UFH Manifolds and to Hot Water Cyclinder
    5,000euro = for solar panels with 300ltr hot water cyclinder,

So far we have spent 16,400euro on the above. I am laying the UFH heating pipes and plumber will pressure testing the system before installing the liquid screeds.

We expect that the second fix plumbing will be another 1,600-2,000euro to fix the baths, sinks, toilets, showers etc. We have 1nr electric shower downstairs which we are still to buy and get installed by the plumbers during second fix.

We will have a wood buring stove to buy, and get installed by register installer who will also be commissioning the oil boiler for us.

Hope this is of help to you.

Advertisement