Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making friends in newbridge/kildare/naas

Options
  • 10-05-2015 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Well feel a bit sad to be posting this but what the hell :)
    I'm a 35 year old outgoing and friendly lass who unfortunately seems to have found herself feeling rather lonely of late.i have too much spare time on my hands,especially at weekends when my kids are with the ex.iv just moved to newbridge and I don't know anyone(even though I'm a kildare gal)It be nice to meet new people to go for coffee with,or even a pub at the weekend for some banter :)
    Anyone feeling the same as me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

Im kind of in the same boat but my free time is limited with 2 smallies and work and also the fact I've been in my house nearly 9 years and no no-one in the area (spot who is useless at making friends!!). I joined the Gables gym a couple of weeks ago though and its a nice way to spend a bit of free time as well as have a chat with whoever may be beside you/ in a class with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭acuriouscat

It's harder than Ya think to meet new people isn't it? Especially when there's kiddies and work and general life to deal with.
    I will consider the gables though,plus it be a good excuse to get fit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

31 year old lonely man here. Want to meet up?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

When I first moved to Naas about 8 years ago I joined the badminton club in Kilcullen. Very friendly busy place for all ages, very social, they do fairly regular nights out etc. and they cater for everyone from complete beginners to high standard players. Not there anymore but i'd still be in touch. Got me out of a hole when i first arrived.

Season is over now but I see the summer club is starting from May 26th to August every Tuesday and Thursday nights. Its a useful non committal trial period if you want to try something different.

Thanks john
    I'll look into that as I used to play badminton many moons ago so I'd quiet enjoy that
    Thanks again :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

You're sorted so. Just checked, its Tuesday 26th at 9pm, 11 is the official finish time but it generally runs till 12 and after.

Get the eye back in and you'll be on a team come September :)

Thanks again
    Looking forward to it already :)

Advertisement