Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Increases in Dublin

Options
  • 10-05-2015 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭

Just interested in what peoples sense is of rent increases in Dublin over the past twelve months for a residential (2 bedroom house on northside).

Many thanks.

Rental index shows 4% increase in H2 last year but no data this year. Am just trying to get a sense of whether rents have continued rising this year or have stabilised.

Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

I havent seen much over the last while on boards regarding rent increases so id assume they have stabilised .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I havent seen much over the last while on boards regarding rent increases so id assume they have stabilised .

And yet, I heard that rental stock is at its lowest level since 2006, with Daft reporting an average increase of 8.2% on rents YOY.

Now, their data is based on their own figures for rented property so doesn't take into consideration increases in sitting tenants but a restricted market means higher prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Latest Daft report out today - Chronic supply shortages persist in the rental market

Difficult time to be a renter.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Very annoying situation, horrible place to be renting.

• Advertisement

Very annoying situation, horrible place to be renting.

ireland in general or dublin ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I can only speak for Dublin really as I haven't rented somewhere else for years.

I can only speak for Dublin really as I haven't rented somewhere else for years.

its the same everywhere in the world always issues

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

I'm already doing as much as I can to ensure I get at least a small raise in work in time for next March in case my rent goes up- if I can get €100 more in my take home hopefully that will cover me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Our landlord has offered us a new lease at an 18.2% increase on last year. 2 bed (1 double, 1 single) apt. in D3.

• Advertisement

Our landlord has offered us a new lease at an 18.2% increase on last year. 2 bed (1 double, 1 single) apt. in D3.

Not bad :-)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Whats the area- and whats the increase in rent (from : to)?
    I can't really comment as to whether the proposal is reasonable, or not- as we have no baseline to work from..........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Richmond Avenue. 1100 - - > 1300

Whats open market rate now?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Back in October, our landlord asked for a 20% increase. D6 area. We declined as it was a 1B and wanted to get a bigger place anyway.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Looking at DAFT- 1100 would be low for the area- 1300 probably reasonably ballpark. I'd suggest taking the landlord's opening gambit and see if you can bargain him down. I'd be aiming for a midway point- however, I'd be cognisant of the simple fact- you're not going to get a comparable property in the area for the rent you're paying at the moment......... Rents have increased by this much- they appear to be falling now- but it could be a year before you notice major falls- given the lack of supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭xxtippchickxx

shortage of properties everywhere i think nothing in our county at the moment only summer lettings for students and the rent has increased as well shortage of houses brings higher rent id say

Advertisement