Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Blueball

Options
  • 10-05-2015 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me what broadband is like in Blueball?
    Who provides it and what's your experience of the quality and price?
    TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jaffamuffin1

Hi, I'm just down the street from the blue ball and we have Ripplecom broadband. It does the job. Could be better but living in rural areas means we don't have much of a choice. Most houses here use dongles from 3 or Vodafone. Dongles are fine for limited use- social media, online shopping, no more than 30min each day. If you need a lot of Internet for home working, playing games, consoles etc then you will need satellite. Price range depended on usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

See what the 3 wifi hotshot things are like. 60gb for 39.99
    Rip off towards what you get for the same price with fibre but does the job. Grand for online gaming and surfing, but i wouldnt be on Netflix to often with i Eircom are rolling out fibre in rural villages in Offaly commencing 2016. Cant find the list here but il have a look for it and see is Blue Ball on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mary28

Thanks lads. Just googled that Eircom rollout you mentioned and found this: http://pressroom.eircom.net/press_releases/article/eircom_expands_fibre_broadband_investment_in_offaly/
    Blueball isn't mentioned but another place I might be moving to is so I might be in luck. Might have to be satellite till then.

Advertisement