Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nowhere to lock bike when shopping in Tescos

Options
  • 10-05-2015 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Is this a problem for anyone else? (It is for me :( )

Note: The railings behind Pennys are no longer an option as they were removed during their recent refurbishment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Is this a problem for anyone else? (It is for me :( )

Note: The railings behind Pennys are no longer an option as they were removed during their recent refurbishment.

Are there no points at all in Wine St carpark?

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

You could lock it to the trolley bay surely?

Failing that, just lock it to one of the many tesco employees having a fag right in front of the entrance, something that always boils my blood....

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

There is bicycle stands in the middle of the car park, maybe beside the Adelaide

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Cnoc na Riabh

rizzodun wrote: »
    You could lock it to the trolley bay surely?
    Not an option, it wasn't designed that way. Also there's lots of pedestrians, some with prams and some with trolleys, that use that space (along the sides of the trolley bay) as a path.
    Gipo3 wrote: »
    There is bicycle stands in the middle of the car park, maybe beside the Adelaide
    Yeah, I know about those 1 or 2 stands but they're a long way from tescos. Also, the old railings behind Pennys were a very "secure" place to lock a bike, lots of cameras around and that.

Oh well, one more reason to switch to the German competition. So be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

That entire car park is a shambles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Cnoc na Riabh

That entire car park is a shambles.
    I don't know much about that. That may well be the case, but that's not really what this thread is about to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

Yeah, I know about those 1 or 2 stands but they're a long way from tescos. Also, the old railings behind Pennys were a very "secure" place to lock a bike, lots of cameras around and that.

Is the Adelaide not about 45 seconds walk from tesco??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Zymurgist wrote: »
    Is the Adelaide not about 45 seconds walk from tesco??

If the pavement was made out of treacle and glue maybe you'd still walk it quicker than 45 seconds. It's perfect for locking the bike up while at Tesco, OP. I used to lock my bike in then when I was doing anything in town. Plus, there are usually plenty of people walking by so less chance of it getting nicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

There are no bicycle parking facilities at Aldi or Lidl as far as I know.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There are no bicycle parking facilities at Aldi or Lidl as far as I know.

There are poles beside the trolley bay at Aldi that you can use. I was always wary of locking it there though in case someone hit my bike with a trolley.

• Advertisement
Advertisement