Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing zone to single end of line

Options
  • 10-05-2015 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, The upstairs of my house is a single zone its a single 4 core cable looped to all windows. I've a spare zone on the panel if I change the existing wiring to EOL with resistors and require the sensors. Can I use 2 cores for the front and 2 for the back keeping the tampers functional too?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For duel eol you will need 3 cores if there is more than one device per zone.
    You can use single Eol or non eol on a pair and leave out the tampers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭tnegun

Thanks Koolkid it made a bit more sense when I drew it out. Last question do you know can I disable the internal bell for a walk test? I see an option under System opt, Miscellaneous Opts, walk test bell but I think this is for the outside bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

tnegun wrote: »
    Thanks Koolkid it made a bit more sense when I drew it out. Last question do you know can I disable the internal bell for a walk test? I see an option under System opt, Miscellaneous Opts, walk test bell but I think this is for the outside bell.

Walk test bell no is the internal bell not on in walk test.

altor wrote: »
    Walk test bell no is the internal bell not on in walk test.
    Thanks I'll check it again when the kids aren't in bed I was pretty sure it was set to no and it still rang last time I tried so I assumed it was the external bell but I must of got it wrong.

Thanks I'll check it again when the kids aren't in bed I was pretty sure it was set to no and it still rang last time I tried so I assumed it was the external bell.

If set to no the internal should not should while you are walk testing the system. The keypad will buzz to indicated the testing of the device tho.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thanks I'll check it again when the kids aren't in bed I was pretty sure it was set to no and it still rang last time I tried so I assumed it was the external bell but I must of got it wrong.

The easiest option to be sure is remove the internal bell - connection in the panel.Reconnect it when done.

Easiest option would be to turn off through the programming on the keypad :)

Thanks guys I was hoping to do it the easiest(lazy) way! Walk testing should cove the alarm modes open, gross and pulse right? Could someone give me a ball park on what 20-30m of 4 core alarm cable should cost I'm going to see can I run an extra line.

Thanks guys I was hoping to do it the easiest(lazy) way! Walk testing should cove the alarm modes open, gross and pulse right? Could someone give me a ball park on what 20-30m of 4 core alarm cable should cost I'm going to see can I run an extra line.

In walk test you will be able to test gross and pulse on the detectors.
    For pricing you would need to contact suppliers.
    Here is a link to the suppliers list.

Suppliers will generally sell by the roll, that would be cheaper than the DIY stores who charge by the metre . Where are you located? If your around Dublin I'll drop a bit into you if we're passing.

• Advertisement

Thanks Koolkid I got sorted with a crowd in Naas they where the only one of a few that I called who would sell it by the meter

No problem .Hope they didn't go mad on ya:D

Thanks Koolkid I got sorted with a crowd in Naas they where the only one of a few that I called who would sell it by the meter

Most will sell by the meter, other by the roll. For small jobs most diy stores will also sell by the meter.

Advertisement