Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of IT maintenance contract for college Project

Options
  • 10-05-2015 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

[FONT=Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Would anyone know how its costs to run per month, per year and every five years a small office of 7 desktops with two servers, a router, switch, firewall and active directory. I need if for my pricing section as a comparison against a cloud model in my College project ?
    [/FONT]

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

You're better off contacting an IT maintenance company and have a quote, don't mention college project though :D. Having a quote or email would then be 100% accurate. You could go on Amazon and add it up yourself. Getting us to do it would make your life easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Darith wrote: »
    [FONT=Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Would anyone know how its costs to run per month, per year and every five years a small office of 7 desktops with two servers, a router, switch, firewall and active directory. I need if for my pricing section as a comparison against a cloud model in my College project ?
    [/FONT]

IT maintenance ballpark? Depends on where you are and what sort of SLA you need, and hours of work required per month.
    600 per month with 8 hours work included would likely be overkill. Some companies would offer a 4-5 hour plan for 300-400 per month for that size of business.

2 Servers with 7 desktops? Even windows standard server assumes that you'll be using Hyper-v. And usually the servers require very little maintenance in an office setup after installation.
    Desktops / laptops / printers / wireless and software reconfig moreso.

Have you included UPS and backup?
    And internet? If you're in the middle of the country, you could still be spending €800 per month for a 10 Megabit Wireless ISP connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,229 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sounds like you have your homework cut out for you. The cost of the machines, the cost of replacements and maintenance, IT support staff, licensing licensing licensing, etc.

Advertisement