Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying furniture for first-time house buying

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Roxee wrote: »
    Was in your position two years ago.

Beds wise, google is your friend. I knew I wanted to spend a bit to get a decent pocket sprung mattress so went to Frank McGowans in Swords to see a quality selection - narrowed it down to one, took the name and model, then stuck it into google. The very nice Respa mattress (and base) that would've cost about 1300 in McGowans came up online in a less fancy place on the Long Mile Road for about 800! Was able to order over phone knowing it was the exact same bed, came off the same conveyor belt in the Respa factory.

So I'd recommend doing your research in that sense.

Both couches were second hand from Merchant's Market in East Wall. The main one is so handsome, was barely used, really well made, massive (8ft long, really deep) and was 100 quid delivered! Had it steam cleaned professionally - sorted. The smaller one was same situation, and 60 quid. I was so chuffed with both of these, saved a silly amount and they're lovely couches to look at. Other furniture was picked up second hand or handed down from parents (and isn't rubbish, I take huge pride in my decor.)

Look at Merchant's Market, Irish Liquidators in Tallaght, adverts.ie - there's SO much great furniture out there. I like that my furniture has a bit of a story and wasn't once flat pack in a cardboard box.

But don't mess with the bed :D

Was it Diamond Firniture you got the mattress Roxee?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Roxee

No it was Karl's Furniture. Didn't want to name it in case it seemed I had a vested interest. Not in slightest!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Roxee

Sorry Kylemore Road, now that I check it. Definitely no vested interest clearly (I originally wrote Kyles, not Karls! ... duh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Sorry Kylemore Road, now that I check it. Definitely no vested interest clearly (I originally wrote Kyles, not Karls! ... duh :D

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

Was in your position two years ago.

Beds wise, google is your friend. I knew I wanted to spend a bit to get a decent pocket sprung mattress so went to Frank McGowans in Swords to see a quality selection - narrowed it down to one, took the name and model, then stuck it into google. The very nice Respa mattress (and base) that would've cost about 1300 in McGowans came up online in a less fancy place on the Long Mile Road for about 800! Was able to order over phone knowing it was the exact same bed, came off the same conveyor belt in the Respa factory.

So I'd recommend doing your research in that sense.

Both couches were second hand from Merchant's Market in East Wall. The main one is so handsome, was barely used, really well made, massive (8ft long, really deep) and was 100 quid delivered! Had it steam cleaned professionally - sorted. The smaller one was same situation, and 60 quid. I was so chuffed with both of these, saved a silly amount and they're lovely couches to look at. Other furniture was picked up second hand or handed down from parents (and isn't rubbish, I take huge pride in my decor.)

Look at Merchant's Market, Irish Liquidators in Tallaght, adverts.ie - there's SO much great furniture out there. I like that my furniture has a bit of a story and wasn't once flat pack in a cardboard box.

But don't mess with the bed :D

Roxee just seen your message there. Thanks a million for that bit of sound advice. will def make a note. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Big Mickey ( am being serious) just outside Longford is the best for beds. Free delivery too. He is a joy to deal with. There is a thread somewhere on Boards about him.

Went up to him last weekend for furniture. Was slighlty hesitant about the long drive (from South Wicklow) but glad I went. Absolute gent to deal with. Took his time with us and helped us in regards to our tight budget. We got an absolute bargain and are very very happy

Advertisement