Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Attendant

• 10-05-2015 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Just wondering if anyone knows how much you get paid for being an exam attendant for the junior or leaving cert?

Is it ok to study while outside the door? Or what else could I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭oktplz

Lee_la wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone knows how much you get paid for being an exam attendant for the junior or leaving cert?

Is it ok to study while outside the door? Or what else could I do?

Hi,
    I did it last year and there isn't an exact amount you get paid, it all depends on whether you have Junior Certificates or Leaving Certificates, and how many hours you're putting in. (You get paid basically per exam.) I had the Junior Certificates and get roughly 200euro, my friend had leaving certs and was there until the very end and almost got 400euro.
    I don't see why you wouldn't be able to study, as long as it's not the exam being sat inside. I brought my laptop in and had a load of DVDs as well as Netflix, and I also brought some books with me. It's such good craic, and it's a really nice way to start the summer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

Yeah unfortunately only the licks get chosen! (well most of the time no offense to anybody)

Peg14 wrote: »
    Yeah unfortunately only the licks get chosen! (well most of the time no offense to anybody)

Hey being a lick has it's advantages ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Peg14 wrote: »
    Yeah unfortunately only the licks get chosen!

Not true. I didn't get chosen :(

My school just picked names out of a hat.

As for rates, have a look here and here. That should give you a ballpark figure. It all depends on how many hours you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lee_la

Ok perfect thanks. Oh I never thought of watching movies actually, I might just start watching How I Met Your Mother from the start again :P

Yeah our names were picked out of a hat too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 stoffin

Think it's just over 6 euro an hour, but that's to do pretty much nothing so it's not bad if you don't mind being a bit bored. Leaving Cert has more exams so more hours, so more money. It's not a bad gig for some summer money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

I was picked as a substitute. So I have to be free everyday to come into the school in case I need to fill in for someone, but I still might not end up getting any money. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lee_la

emersyn wrote: »
    I was picked as a substitute. So I have to be free everyday to come into the school in case I need to fill in for someone, but I still might not end up getting any money. :(

Aww that's awful :( hopefully someone might decide they don't want to do it anymore if they get a summer job or something. It's unlikely but not impossible :P

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

You have to be 18? Odd... I remember doing my Junior Cert and it was TY and 5th students sitting outside, doubt they were 18.

emersyn wrote: »

You never know, two of our subs got called in last year :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Kremin wrote: »
    You have to be 18? Odd... I remember doing my Junior Cert and it was TY and 5th students sitting outside, doubt they were 18.

No, I don't think you have to be 18. What gave you that idea?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I did it when i was 17, rules must have changed

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Nim wrote: »
    No, I don't think you have to be 18. What gave you that idea?

NVM sorry.
    I clicked your second link with the rates, didn't even see the first one, must be that tired.

It said OVER 18's so I assumed it was only over 18's allowed to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Did it for the leaving last year - handiest €420 ever!!

Advertisement