Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shoes upgrade

• 10-05-2015 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Looking to upgrade from my current shimano shoes. Had my heart set on SIDI carbon vernice ones. Bought them and all but they don't fit my foot. The 45s are too small and the 46s are the right size for my toe but too big everywhere else. They're too expensive to buy if they don't fit properly. For that price I would want them to fit perfectly.

What are my options of good quality shoes.

Obviously they must look nice, but would like something that lasts long, carbon sole and comfortable for long days in the saddle.

Have now turned my attention to white Fizik R1s.

Fizik-R1-Uomo-road-shoe-2.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Have the Fizik R1 and while they are a lovely shoe I have wore them probably 10 times since I got them and each time I have a pain in my sole (s not h!)
    Sizing seems to be needed to be perfect according to reading forums, so not sure what is wrong. So make sure the sizing is right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I bought a pair of Diadora ProRacer 2's with carbon soles in 44. I take the same size in Shimano. I also have a pair of Diadora Speedracer Magnums in 44 which are slightly bigger but I wear them in winter with thicker socks so they're a perfect fit. My 44 shimano shoes are minusculely smaller than the SpeedRacers but but as small as the ProRacers.

I love the ProRacers, they're very comfortable and I couldn't have got a more perfect fit even if they were custom made for me.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Statler

Jim Stynes wrote: »
    ....Had my heart set on SIDI carbon vernice ones. Bought them and all but they don't fit my foot. The 45s are too small and the 46s are the right size for my toe but too big everywhere else....

Had the same problem with Sidis, got a size 45.5 and they fit perfectly. Can be tricky to get the half size, got mine from sidicafe.co.uk, if you do decide to buy from them leave your basket for a day or so without buying and they'll email you a voucher code for 5% off to help you make the decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Ditto with Sidis.

Can't go wrong with Specialized, I haven't found anything which feels as good. I abandoned them when they got super-ugly and expensive but they seem to have pulled back from the ugliness a bit of late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

Any other Fizik cycling shoe fans? What's the fit like? I like how those r1s are just nice plain white without logo or branding overload.

Statler wrote: »
    Had the same problem with Sidis, got a size 45.5 and they fit perfectly. Can be tricky to get the half size, got mine from sidicafe.co.uk, if you do decide to buy from them leave your basket for a day or so without buying and they'll email you a voucher code for 5% off to help you make the decision.

Chainreaction don't do the half sizes. I'm driving down today to hand them back but I will ask if half sizes can be ordered in. Also I got them on a good deal which sidi cafe can't get anywhere near unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭velopeloton

I riding with these custom shoes. Really great shoes. Fitting was always a problem for me as I have wide feet. No problem with these.

http://luck-bike.es/en/productos/start-3-0-en/

Very good shoes and great value for money at €160

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

I have the Fizik R3 and they're super comfy for me, but then I have a high arch so they might not suit everyone. I'm a 10.5 normally, and the 45 is perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

yop wrote: »
    Have the Fizik R1 and while they are a lovely shoe I have wore them probably 10 times since I got them and each time I have a pain in my sole (s not h!)
    Sizing seems to be needed to be perfect according to reading forums, so not sure what is wrong. So make sure the sizing is right.

Anywhere in Dublin doing them?

• Advertisement

Any other Fizik cycling shoe fans? What's the fit like? I like how those r1s are just nice plain white without logo or branding overload.

Never owned them but love them for the same reason as yourself, in the all black they look class. But I've narrow feet, so its something id not buy til I tried it on.

Went down to CRC to leave them back afterwork today. Complicated but I got a deal on them from Chainreactions as they are the sponsor of our club. There was also a sale on them as well. So I got the sale price plus another 20% off on them and also a £20 voucher on them as well. The best price on the net that do half sizes is about £100 more. The problem is that CRC don't do half sizes for that particular model.

I was down tonight to get my money back and tried the SIDI ergo in a 44.5 (the only model that has a half size in it strangely) just to see. Too tight in the toe area but good everywhere else so the sales assistant has ordered a 45 to the store for me to try on.

Also tried Bont and Mavics on. Wasn't too keen on any of them to be honest.

I do love the look of those Fizik R1s. Beautiful but nowhere stocks them that I can find close by!

terrydel wrote: »
    Never owned them but love them for the same reason as yourself, in the all black they look class. But I've narrow feet, so its something id not buy til I tried it on.

Was never a fan of black cycling shoes but I am coming around to them more and more! Maybe I will buy the black and white pair of R1s haha

Was never a fan of black cycling shoes but I am coming around to them more and more! Maybe I will buy the black and white pair of R1s haha

Red and white is a no-no for me, Everton supporter you see :D

Well I'm going to sell off these red ones. Can't wear them. Not sure what I will buy yet.

Advertisement