Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

please read ! does anyone find bread in garden!

• 10-05-2015 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Today I let my dog out to the back garden as usual! He picked up something which was definitely a piece of white bread ! He had it swallowed before I could get it of him! might nt sound so strange but I know it was nt there this morn! We also don't have any white bread only brown so it could nt be ours!
    I know I sound paranoid but I am worried someone tried to poison my dog!
    Is this crazy or do birds often drop bread I.e whole slices into gardens regularly! ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Birds

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Carlowgirl

vicwatson wrote: »
    Birds

Thanks for your reply! Is this a common thing I ve never seen birds with a whole slice in the beaks before!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Oh yes, magpies and seagulls aren't a bit afraid of whole slices or large chunks.

The other possibility is foxes, some people use feeding foxes as a way of getting rid of stale food.
    Not ideal, but foxes will eat practically anything; and they also "hide" food in little holes in the ground and that might be where your dog found it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Some birds can drop it, I have cats, and often if one of the cats is out getting the bread is out of the question I think.

I also used to have a cheeky neighbour who used to throw food to the birds by throwing it on the roof of our shed as well.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I sometimes find bread lying around. Anything from a full slice to a little scrap of it. The birds sometimes drop it when they fly over the garden.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

I have the bread problem too sometimes. One of my dogs was lethal, knew there might be food so was always out fastest first thing in the morning.

Live in town with small garden so I check garden first in the morning before letting dogs out as there could be any kind of food. Might be a bit OTT but read online recently about a dog eating a certain sugar free chewing gum and dying.

Likewise walking around town - lost count number of times I had to get a cooked chicken bone out my dog's mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Carlowgirl

Thanks so much for all the replies! I was so worried as you you do hear horror stories of people poisoning dogs! Was thinking they would prob use meat anyway if they wanted to do that and not bread! Was tempted to bring the dog to the vet but obviously no need now!
    The fe..... Would eat anything :-P

Advertisement