Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I find out my camera shutter count?

• 10-05-2015 7:58pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a Canon 600D and I want to know the camera shutter count. How do you do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

I know for my Pentax, I had to look at the EXIF data from the last photo I took to find the shutter count.
    The easiest way I found is this site: http://www.camerashuttercount.com/
    Just take a photo of the inside if your lens cap and upload it. (the photo can be of anything, but I figure why upload a "real" photo if I can't be sure it won't be used for some commercial purpose.) ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks, i tried that but it says "Your camera doesn't add shutter count information to images. "
    It recommends a piece of mac software that can do it but I dont have a mac

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Try EOSInfo - it seems to work for most Canon's

http://astrojargon.net/EOSInfo.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

dont waste your time on EOSInfo software. I have 600D and tried EOSInfo but it crashes almost every time , when it doesn't it just shows error : camera not connected.

I haven't yet found standalone software that works with Canon 600D. Having said that i do have Magic Lantern running on my 600D and in ML debug menu you can see shutter count information.

Advertisement