Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

USA vs Ireland (Women's Football) Setanta Ireland

• 10-05-2015 8:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭

Ireland just kicked off in the US against the powerhouse US team on Setanta Ireland. Ireland likely to get trounced but opportunity to get a look at a team that will likely feature heavily in the shake up in the WWC next month in Canada...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Looks to be all USA in terms of attacking. I'm just sitting down to watch it properly now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Looks to be all USA in terms of attacking. I'm just sitting down to watch it properly now.

Attack versus defense yeah. Ireland are hanging on by a thread at times and can't establish any base of possession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Attack versus defense yeah. Ireland are hanging on by a thread at times and can't establish any base of possession.

US have not looked great though. For the WC favourites.

Look lethargic and really not putting together many good attacking combinations.

What a save! Rapinoe even gives Reid Burke a fist bump!

Shambles from Ireland at that corner and the deadlock broken. Considering the heat and the amount of running they've had to do this is likely to get very ugly.

• Advertisement

Oh and Niamh undoes all her great work!! Poor Maebh. She'll do her best to get back on.

Shambles from Ireland at that corner and the deadlock broken. Considering the heat and the amount of running they've had to do this is likely to get very ugly.

No whistle and the goalie goes over to the player who was injured.

Silly thing to do by Reid Burke.

Don't think Emma Byrne would have done that. She has more experience.

Ah this is gonna get ugly :(

Great header from Wambach 90 seconds later, 2 - 0.

Great header from Wambach 90 seconds later, 2 - 0.

This is going to get very bad.

• Advertisement

No whistle and the goalie goes over to the player who was injured.

Silly thing to do by Reid Burke.

Don't think Emma Byrne would have done that. She has more experience.

I didn't even want to type it out tbh. It was a very bizarre moment. :o She'd made some good saves beforehand but real lack of a competitive edge on show at the crucial moment.

Meabh took some ball to the face. I thought it had come off the post by the sound of it.

Another great save!

Terrible defending from the corner.

Terrible defending from the corner.

Woeful

It's annoying when you concede sloppy goals but the truth of it is that when you're under so much pressure the whole time and outclassed to this extent break downs of that nature are inevitable.

Ultimately very lucky to just be 3 down after 70mins.

Megan Campbell is a weapon with those throws

I knew we were going to be sitting back and trying to keep the score line respectable but there has been no real attempt to play ball intelligently when we have won it back. That's disappointing.

I knew we were going to be sitting back and trying to keep the score line respectable but there has been no real attempt to play ball intelligently when we have won it back. That's disappointing.

Coach has to take some responsibility for that.

• Advertisement

Coach has to take some responsibility for that.

I'm sure Sue will address it.

Well this is a pointless time to make a sub.

I'm sure Sue will address it.

Well this is a pointless time to make a sub.

In her defence, there are a lot of very young and inexperienced players out there. And they are up against a fully professional team who are the best, and best funded, in the world.

I was watching this on Fox. The US commentators were absolutely not impressed with the US performance - particularly the amount of chances they wasted.

They have a tough group in the WC, the Group of Death. They will need to improve significantly if they are going to win the WWC.

In her defence, there are a lot of very young and inexperienced players out there. And they are up against a fully professional team who are the best, and best funded, in the world.

I was watching this on Fox. The US commentators were absolutely not impressed with the US performance - particularly the amount of chances they wasted.

They have a tough group in the WC, the Group of Death. They will need to improve significantly if they are going to win the WWC.

Yeah she has been bringing through a lot of young girls from the WNL. I'm delighted with that tbh.

That American team must be older than average. There's a lot of players there that have been around a while. This is almost definitely Wambach's last tournament. Carl Lloyd, Chalupny, Harris, and the Rapinoes are all 30+.

Advertisement