Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement phone from Chill insurance

Options
  • 08-05-2015 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I've just received a new iPhone5s from Chill Gadget Insurance but I keep getting an error message saying:

'SIM Not Valid
    The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information.'

I've received an iPhone from Chill Gadget Insurance before and this was not locked to a network, has this ever happened to anyone else? It won't even let me past the set-up screen so am very limited in what I can do!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

What did Chill/Apple/network provider say when you contacted them?
    helgabrady wrote: »
    I've just received a new iPhone5s from Chill Gadget Insurance but I keep getting an error message saying:

'SIM Not Valid
    The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information.'

I've received an iPhone from Chill Gadget Insurance before and this was not locked to a network, has this ever happened to anyone else? It won't even let me past the set-up screen so am very limited in what I can do!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 helgabrady

dobsdave wrote: »
    What did Chill/Apple/network provider say when you contacted them?

Tried contacting Chill but their Gadget Insurance is only open Monday - Friday. Nobody from motor insurance could help so not impressed at all.

I don't know who the network provider is and I assume only Chill can let me know.

Advertisement