Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CEX Trade-In

Options
  • 10-05-2015 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, was wondering if someone could tell me if they have sold stuff to CEX online?
    I live quite far from the nearest shop and want to clearout out some DVDs, Games, etc but they don't have any information on selling stuff to them.
    Was wondering does anyone know about the postage? Is it free?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I don't think it is no. You'd have to pay the postage costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

If you buy off them online the shipping is free iirc. But I'd say you have to pay for the shipping to them yourself, best bet is make a trip to them sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

If you buy off them online the shipping is free iirc. But I'd say you have to pay for the shipping to them yourself, best bet is make a trip to them sometime.

No, it's 4.95 shipping per order.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

sweetie wrote: »
    No, it's 4.95 shipping per order.

Oh right. It's still a reasonable price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Might anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you once you post an item out for sale? I've been waiting for a reply/account update since last Thursday/Friday. Is it a reasonable waiting period or should they have gotten back to my reply?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

SeantheMan wrote: »

And? A particular answer didn't lie there. Being deliberately obtuse and conceited isn't wanted. Should one start ANOTHER thread?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

And? A particular answer didn't lie there. Being deliberately obtuse and conceited isn't wanted. Should one start ANOTHER thread?!

The answer DOES lie in the thread 'Cex trade in' where a user discussed shipping goods to CEX. He had to use his own money (not pre-paid) and did it via An Post.
    You just assumed it didn't , and probably didn't read or use the search function either.
    I'd like to tell 'ONE' where to go, but I'd probably get a temporary ban.

Kerrybai wrote: »
    Looks like it will be 7 quid to post them in an an post 'packet.' Not too bad really.
    Kerrybai wrote: »
    Right lads good news. The money is in my account. That's a pretty impressive turn around of them receiving the goods and getting the money into my account. And of course I got the quoted prices as you have 5 days to get them the goods and An Post are generally good for 24-48 hour deliveries.

I've just posted 2 more games to them. Happy days.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    The answer DOES lie in the thread 'Cex trade in' where a user discussed shipping goods to CEX. He had to use his own money (not pre-paid) and did it via An Post.
    You just assumed it didn't , and probably didn't read or use the search function either.
    I'd like to tell 'ONE' where to go, but I'd probably get a temporary ban.

First of all, they're posts of between 1-2 years for the most part. The system may not be the same and it would be prudent and logical to quote on the most recent interaction a person had with the company.

Secondly, I think you didn't read the inquiry.

It was primarily an attempt to garner information as to how long (in a person's experience, not on what the site indicates) does it take for them to reply to a query. Nothing to do with postage, and what carrier etc as was what you ignorantly jumped in at with two feet.

You don't even know yourself, or have experience to provide this answer so can you just not contribute at all please.

Advertisement