Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 6 Plus 64GB faulty

• 10-05-2015 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Long story short, my 64GB iPhone 6 Plus is more or less on its way out.

The first issue experienced was poor battery life. Moderate usage throughout the day and the battery would be dead by 6pm. This began about 3 months ago.

Second issue was the rear camera not focusing. This happened about 10 days ago. Initially, it looked like some type of residue on the back of the camera when taking a photo but the lens is perfect.

Third issue, which started from yesterday, is the screen becoming unresponsive to touch. I seen several white squares appear yesterday at the top of the screen ( not a good sign )

While on the phone to Apple today, the automated system asks for the IMEI number of the device. I tried to get into the system settings menu but the whole LCD was just black. Had to do a hard reset to end the call!

No physical damage to the phone ( that's visible or from memory ) - phone has always been in a case and has one of those glass barriers on the front of the LCD for added protection.

No water damage to the phone that I am aware of either. Have checked the usual spots with a torch and I cannot see any visible red markings.

I also done the usual software side of things - restore as new etc - no change.

Finally got through to Apple and have went with the express replacement - will keep this thread updated when possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Rgb.ie

PS - has large CE writing on the back of the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

They all have large CE writing on back (CE0682 for 6+)
    Read your post yesterday and thought apple will sort your problem so didn't reply, but today found the autofocus not working as it should on my iPhone 6+ 64GB as well. No other problems though, also thought your screen issues could actually be caused by the screen protector (unlikely but possible).
    Anyway anyone else have autofocus problems? When I try to get it to focus on an object (tap the screen where you want the camera to focus) the camera seems to try and focus but it never really gets there. Anyone else? Hope a software update will fix this...

Edit: googled the camera issue a bit, seems a hardware issue (so update won't fix it) only iPhone 6 plus affected. Will try some things tmrw otherwise gonna ring apple for replacement as well (2nd time in 12 months, last time iPhone 5s).

Advertisement