Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

full time employment with part time job

Options
  • 10-05-2015 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys.

I am wondering if anyone can answer a question for me.

I am currently in full time employment and receiving a salary, my role in the workforce has changed this month meaning now most of my work can be done from home (dealines etc. ) for this reason a couple of weeks ago I went around applying for part time summer jobs (I have a couple of debts Id like to clear up so I can start saving). I have previously worked two part time jobs however I don't know if I am allowed to work part time when I am already working full time?

Is this allowed? How would it affect my tax?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

It might be in your contract that you cannot work for another employer.

You also must take note of the OWTA which limits the amount of hours you can do in a week - due to health and safety. I think it's 48 averaged over a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

damn I really should have considered that before I went applying. silly me!
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,349 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

222233 wrote: »
    damn I really should have considered that before I went applying. silly me!
    Thanks!

Theta are so many loopholes in the working week rules that it means absolutely nothing.

Advertisement