Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4... what a piece of crap...

Options
  • 10-05-2015 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭

So I was starting to really enjoy the driving force GT and decided to buy a PS4 ... ffs :mad:

Looks like I need to bend over to get a wheel anyway like the DFGT for the PS4.

What wheel is recommended to match the DFGT for PS4 please. (sorry for rant it also is making me wait 8 hours to update another game ... uuugghh)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Damien360

So you decided to right off the PS4 because the wheel you have will not pair ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

(sorry for rant it also is making me wait 8 hours to update another game ... uuugghh)

The PS4 doesn't come with good quality broadband. You've to supply that yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

yes and the fact it's making me wait 9+ hours to update a game ! LOL that's a joke.

I bet it's brilliant but a Magor let down after forking over 400 quid, seem logitech a gone bloody bankrupt ...

I've good Internet here like, I can upload big files no problem and the same for downloading ....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Only the Thrustmaster T80 (no force feedback) or the expensive T300RS will work on the PS4. Some other wheels like the T100 will work depending on what game you want to use them on.

• Advertisement

Which one is the closest to the DFGT though

Matches it in what way? Your choice's for wheels on PS4 is extremely limited as of now. Only 2 officially supported.

As in feedback and feel ECT

Only the T300RS has force feedback but it's expensive. I don't have either of them so I can't tell you about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

yes and the fact it's making me wait 9+ hours to update a game ! LOL that's a joke.

I bet it's brilliant but a Magor let down after forking over 400 quid, seem logitech a gone bloody bankrupt ...

Sony has stated they use a software cap which supposedly another word for throttling.
    Everyone downloads equally which is a pain.

Try spamming the download pause restart gets the time down.
    Do this till it drops from hours to minutes
    Changes server your downloading from.
    It will go back to hours eventually just spam it again till you see minutes if you keep seeing hours then test network or sign out spam again till you see minutes.

Alot of jumps and hoops to go through just to get something to downloaded quicker.

Has worked for me numerous times
    Still a pain

• Advertisement

I'll just let it on over night ... Wi that work or will it turn itself off ?

I'll just let it on over night ... Wi that work or will it turn itself off ?

Go to settings 1st
    Power saving settings
    Set functions for rest mode
    Turn them all on then
    Put it into rest mode for the night

Also
    There's an official petition on project cars to enable logitech wheels

Thanks, is there anywhere in ireland selling the T300RS steering wheels

Thanks, is there anywhere in ireland selling the T300RS steering wheels

Don't know buddy but check my last post just edited it.
    About a petition and logitech wheels

It's project cars I bought to use it the bloody wheel lol.
    what's this petition.

It's project cars I bought to use it the bloody wheel lol.
    what's this petition.

Actually thought it was officiall but still I'm sure it might help

https://www.change.org/p/sony-add-logitech-and-fanatec-wheel-support-to-ps4

From the link

The wheel works with HID drivers which can be found on the PS3 console port, so we expect the same driver implementation on the current successor. It's on the game console developers (Sony) to check their driver support will provide for external wheel controllers, or to work in a timely manner."

Advertisement