Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anyone ever buy an iPhone from Poland?

• 10-05-2015 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hi guys. Considering buying an iPhone 6 and found a seller online with good feedback selling brand new iPhone 6 sealed in box but they come from Poland (does that matter?)

I stand to save a good chunk of money as oppose to buying from a network provider and the sellers feedback is good so iam tempted but is there any risks i should be aware of??

Anyone ever buy an iPhone from another country before?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭jamesd

baalad wrote: »
    Hi guys. Considering buying an iPhone 6 and found a seller online with good feedback selling brand new iPhone 6 sealed in box but they come from Poland (does that matter?)

I stand to save a good chunk of money as oppose to buying from a network provider and the sellers feedback is good so iam tempted but is there any risks i should be aware of??

Anyone ever buy an iPhone from another country before?

Is it unlocked ? I'd be wary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Check that it'll work on networks here. I'm sure it will but just to be sure.

Also no I've never bought one from Poland or online other than apple. The extra €50-€100 saving is not worth the stress and anxiety.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

Check that it'll work on networks here. I'm sure it will but just to be sure.

Also no I've never bought one from Poland or online other than apple. The extra €50-€100 saving is not worth the stress and anxiety.

That's the thing. I stand to save 200 quid so iam tempted. Iam a bit skeptical however although they have good feedback.

And yes it's brand new, unlocked and in a sealed box.

Has the seller a good rating ?

Mr.S wrote: »
    You need to ask yourself why is a seller selling a sealed iPhone 6 for 200 less then retail?
    This, there's no way this is legit.

• Advertisement

Could have got an upgrade and just selling it on at a profit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,484 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

jamesd wrote: »

Wouldn't such a phone be locked?

coylemj wrote: »
    Wouldn't such a phone be locked?

No he could have got it unlocked from the carrier , just rang them after he got it and asked for it to be unlocked

jamesd wrote: »
    Could be, could be also scamming you. Normally here meeting in person would alleviate most worries i'd have. the fact the seller is in another country means this is impractical. Again trying to save a few bucks for the sake of it it's not worth it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

The seller isn't in another country guys. They live locally and have said i can collect the phone from they're house. Iam just skeptical as to how they are selling them so cheap yet still making profit.

They are ordering the phones from Poland is all i know with regards to where the phones are coming from.

They also have good feedback in relation to being a genuine seller... However.... The feedback relates to other items they sold and not any iPhones.

• Advertisement
Advertisement