Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another which watch thread

Options
  • 10-05-2015 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭

I have decided to buy a watch eventually. The reason for this is that I have been changing up my runs lately and getting off of my old local routes a bit and hitting the forestry tracks and trails. It is very difficult to get accurate distances on what you have done without a watch.
    my requirements are:
    1, log distance
    2, help me pacing
    3, look ok to wear as an everyday watch
    4, cheaper is better

I understand that these are very basic requirements but I am a very basic guy. I am not brand loyal just something to fulfil the above with reliability and durability.
    Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

The 'wear as an every day watch' requirement is kind of at odds with all of your other requirements. All of the others can be fulfilled by any of the entry level watches, but if you want a watch that looks like a watch rather than a big chunk of plastic, that comes at a price. Have a look at the Polar RC3. Halfords were selling them for pretty cheap. Not sure if they're still doing so. About as close as you can get to wearable at a low price point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

The 'wear as an every day watch' requirement is kind of at odds with all of your other requirements. All of the others can be fulfilled by any of the entry level watches, but if you want a watch that looks like a watch rather than a big chunk of plastic, that comes at a price. Have a look at the Polar RC3. Halfords were selling them for pretty cheap. Not sure if they're still doing so. About as close as you can get to wearable at a low price point.

+1

http://www.androidcentral.com/sony-smartwatch-3-review is an option as they are really cheap on ebay but your not going to get a very long charge out of it. One of the guys at work has one.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Major Dad

Morning all,
    My wife is keen to get a watch but without breaking the bank. She's looking for something relatively simple - she's not too interested in downloading/uploading stuff or anything too sophisticated. Here's what she's looking for :
    - basic GPS tracking, allowing her to track distance, pace and time
    - pedometer (if possible)
    - stopwatch ( she wants to be able to time her circuits in the gym)
    - relatively small size (she has small wrists and didn't want anything too clunky).
    I'm a Garmin man but was wondering if anyone has tried Timex or TomTom ( which I see advertised heavily on Twitter) ?
    Any advice much appreciated.
    Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement