Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cost to build a block shed

• 11-05-2015 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi Folks,

I am in the process of looking to price up the cost to have a 10 ft x 10 ft block shed built in the back garden (door, some basic shelving, no need for insulation) . Can anyone advise roughly what this will cost?

If anyone has some genuine recommendations from people that have had good quality work completed, please pm me.

Living in Dublin.

Many thanks in advance.
    Dec

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Tefral

dec1892 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I am in the process of looking to price up the cost to have a 10 ft x 10 ft block shed built in the back garden (door, some basic shelving, no need for insulation) . Can anyone advise roughly what this will cost?

If anyone has some genuine recommendations from people that have had good quality work completed, please pm me.

Living in Dublin.

Many thanks in advance.
    Dec

Any particular reason for a block shed?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dec1892

cronin_j wrote: »
    Any particular reason for a block shed?

Less maintenance and will last longer than a standard wooden shed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Tefral

dec1892 wrote: »
    Less maintenance and will last longer than a standard wooden shed

Youd be looking at about 3k including a flat roof and a timber door.

design implications such as poor ground etc would cost more

Just as an FYI

Youd buy a metal one and build the concrete base one all in for 1000-1100.

That would be the way I would go personally.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Chemical Byrne

A metal shed is the best option here. There are very durable and will be a hell of a lot cheaper to erect than a block shed. Plus, they can be easily moved or sold if you ever feel the need. Getting rid of a block shed is a job in itself.
    Concrete build is grand for a larger shed like a 2 car garage for the likes of a garden shed, I would strongly advise against it. You see very few of them built for this purpose.

Advertisement