Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which one would you choose?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

That Bianchi is kinda tasty...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

endacl wrote: »
    That Bianchi is kinda tasty...

+1 Classy looking bike!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Have recently starting using Athena and it's a dram to use. That said I'm sure those using Di2 will say the same. Not much help really, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

IMO mechanical shifting feels better but electronic works better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

The Bianchi is a nice looking bike, but the Rose has nicer finishing kit and much better wheels. I personally think the Rose in that white colour scheme looks better :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

WillyFXP wrote: »
    The Bianchi is a nice looking bike, but the Rose has nicer finishing kit and much better wheels. I personally think the Rose in that white colour scheme looks better :)

TBH I've wanted the Rose for some time and only recently discovered the Bianchi. The Rose works out cheaper as there is a difference in VAT rate between Germany and Switzerland, and the wheels are not that great (for the price) on the Bianchi, but I wanted the Rose in white and green and its sold out. Hmmm...what to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Buy the Shiny Black and Red combination :) Looks great. Google to get lots of images. The site doesn't do it justice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I hate white bikes and until recently didn't like the celeste colour of Bianchi's much either but seen one in the flesh at the weekend and fell In love with it so my choice would be the Bianchi.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭sprite0

+1 for the Rose.
    I have a CGF-3100 coming my way in 6 weeks hopefully.
    Could not match the spec/price anywhere else.
    Price has increased by €200 since I ordered in March though.

I dunno. The Rose looks a bit 'off' to me. Frame angles seem a bit odd. Handlebars too small, and out of proportion.

Spec-wise, I've nothing to add. Great for that price. Just..... looks a bit.... 'pinhead'...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

endacl wrote:
    Spec-wise, I've nothing to add. Great for that price. Just..... looks a bit.... 'pinhead'...?

endacl wrote:
    I dunno. The Rose looks a bit 'off' to me. Frame angles seem a bit odd. Handlebars too small, and out of proportion.

Rose allow you to select from a range of handle bars. They seem to use the compact ones by default bit lots of others available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

A friend of mine has the rose you mentioned and is over the moon with it! I would love to ride one in my size to see what they are like.

I would chose Di2 though as I've yet to acquire it myself and would love to have it on one of the bikes. You face a decision that can only end in a positive manner!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Rose for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

The Bianchi looks better in pictures than out on the road.

I've a white Canyon, it does need a bit of extra care st times but not much. A bottle of unbranded Jif cream does the job nicely. Looks nice on a sunny day. Must say though, I agree with Endacl, the headtube looks gammy. Maybe it looks better in the flesh.

Tbh, I wouldn't go with either of them, there's nicer bikes for the money out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,939 ✭✭✭fat bloke

What's with the saddle position and the bars on the bianchi ?! Looks gank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

None of your links went to Canyon. I did keep trying them though?

So I went for this...

:pac:

http://www.rosebikes.com/bike/rose-x-lite-crs-3100-di2/aid:753846

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭oconnpad

None of your links went to Canyon. I did keep trying them though?

So I went for this...

:pac:

http://www.rosebikes.com/bike/rose-x-lite-crs-3100-di2/aid:753846

:D

or the alu frame version, €370 cheaper and only 250g heavier but still light at 7.1kg.

http://www.rosebikes.com/bike/rose-xeon-rs-3100-di2-748421/aid:748430

I'd put the €370 towards 105 groupset for the winter bike, but that's just me thinking out loud :D

It occurs to me that we're utterly spoiled for choice these days.

Anybody else remember the 'Jaysys! 753?!? He must've got a mortgage for that!' days?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    Tbh, I wouldn't go with either of them, there's nicer bikes for the money out there.

+1

Advertisement