Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DMT, also known as the " spirit Molecule "

Options
  • 11-05-2015 4:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Also known as Dimethyltryptamine, AKA " The spirit molecule" or as Joe Rogan colourfully describes it " mushrooms times a million, plus Aliens",..is the strongest psychedelic known to exist. Most users who smoke synthetic DMT ( the kind Im on a mission to find) discribe it as a rollercoaster through the cosmos, far past reason, and sometimes to the very edge of the universe....and back, in about 15 minutes flat.

DMT also exists naturally in the human brain, ( and is produced by most if not all living organisms) and some thorize that it's produced in humans in the mysterious Pineal gland, which is a little understood gland which is located in the center of the brain,...in other cultures this is known as the third eye. The ancient Egyptians were obsessed by it, and the power they believed it held regarding consciousness , " the seat of the soul" I beleived they called it, and interestingly, when the gland is sliced in two, perfectly resembles the eye of Horus. (Not an accident).

Many beleived that this gland produces natual DMT while people are in R.E.M sleep, and that it may contribute to dreaming. It can also release highly amounts of DMT when the body is in a life threatening situation, and give a person heightened senses as well as floods of adrenaline.

Synthetic DMT is what im personally interested in, and through a lot of research, it's become somewhat of a life goal to experience it, as I have always been extremely interested in altered sates of consciousness, and the mystery there in. I have experience in other psychedelics such as a veracity of psychedelic mushrooms, LSD, and salvia,...( I also experimented with morning glory seeds as they contain the compound LSA, a close cousin to LSD). (Nutmeg also contains this compound).

I have imense respect for psychedelics, and truly believe they are absolutely safe and risk free if you know what you're dong, and educate yourself enough to not get yourself in trouble. Set and setting is extremely important. It's when people use them as party drugs, and with people who can't be trusted to respect it, that problems arise.

However DMT is in a different league, and can take users on the kind of profound journeys which leaves them questioning the very aspect of life and their place in the grander scheme of the universe, (bold statements). Some users report being catapulted into their experience almost immediately or seconds after they exhale the smoke, and then they are no longer in the room, but far far away.

What interests me most about DMT is the commonalities and patterns experienced from user to user. Such as coming in contact with highly advanced, intelligent entities. Seems crazy maybe? But more and more people who experience DMT report coming in contact with "guides" which help guide them through the experience.

Under this altered state of consciousness, brought on by DMT, people experience traveling to other worlds, completely and absolutely, and report being transported to alien planets, or being aboard alien ships.p, watching alien crews go about their business. One person reported being in what they described as a medic bay, and watched as as alien beings giving medical aid to others in need. One person describes the feeling of being shot from their body and ejected deep into the bowls of space
    Some have even described being on examination tables, being probed and examined by alien beings, and waking up feeling like they have been implanted. ( massive releases of natural DMT in the brain may even be responsible for those who believe to have been abducted by aliens, as the experiences are sometimes very similar to those who smoke synthetic DMT,..and the experience feels as real). Some experience a complete oneness with the universe, and describe being suddenly part of something much bigger, and being in contact with beings which seems to radiate a glow which made them feel loved and welcome, one person even quoted one entity telling her that they were so happy they had found a way to communicate with them. ( pretty heavy I know)

Many people seem very convinced that their conciousness does indeed transport them "elsewhere", and this seems to be because some people are just adamant that the kinds of complexities and profound experiences, or alien races they encounter could simply not just be randomly generated by their imagination. Weather or not this is true remains up for debate, but the ancient cultures who revered these altered states very much believed it, and held deep respect and truth for what they experienced. And I. Think it can't ever be truly judged one way or another until somebody experiences it for themselves. That's what u would like to do.

DMT can also be consumed via a brew called ayahuasca , which is brewed in the Amazon using a local plant which have a high DMT content, and used by various indigenous religious sects as a sacrament during rituals. However those who have the experience or drinking ayahuasca discribe vastly different things to those who smoke synthetic DMT.

Drinkers of ayawasca, also discribe contact with intelligent entities, mostly frequently, one female entity which is become known as "mother ayahuasca ",who is supposedly a spirit healer, and her mission while in your altered state is almost always the same from person to person. The user undergoes a "life review", and may be confronted by harsh truths..for example, the brew is sometimes used to help drug addicts get off hard addictive drugs like heroin or cocaine, and to these users they may be shown harsh truths about what they are doing to the people around them, and how their addiction is affecting their family, their life is broken down and their ego is stripped away and they are laid bare. This can be a very terrifying but never the less relevant to these kind of people, as many of these addicts come out of these sessions completely drug free, and never returning to the drug which they were addicted to, and in many cases, feel no withdrawals. Again, these experience vary from person to person, but the self described life review seems to be a very common occurrence, Graham Hancock during one session describes being shown his own death, and a version of hell which sounded horrific. ( more on that in his Ted talk in the link below)

As apposed to the very alien " out if this world" experiences of smoked DMT, ayawasca has a much more earthly experience, and a lot of times people may find themselves deep in the Jungle and communicating with animals, or Serpents (which are a common sight). Interesting since this form of DMT comes from a plant which grows in those conditions.

Now maybe all of these experiences, however profoundly spiritual, could merely be down to the effect of your " Brian on drugs" but from the research I've done, and the people and advocates who speak about DMT,(and sometimes the very scientists who have done research with its effects) ( see " the spirit molecule documentary" below) describe nothing short of an experience which is potentially life changing at a deep spiritual level, having experienced things they can only describe as almost religious, just maybe without the popular icons as its face. Many many ancient cultures had enormous respect for psychedelic substances and seemed convinced of the power they have on our consciousness ...and remember these are the same cultures which built the megalithic structures that we today, are still baffled by in terms of how they were built. So I don't think their beliefs should simply be scoffed at as the ramblings of savages, because the evidence remains that in many ways they were more advanced than even we are today. Even pre-historic cave art, has now been all but proved to have been inspired by altered states brought on by psychedelic substances, in a lot of cases by the geometric patterns these cave paintings sometimes depicted. patterns which in some cases were recreated thousands of years later by modern artists who use DMT to inspire their own work..... but I'm getting off point now.

You can lean a lot more about DMT on YouTube, and I will post some interesting links below. A very big advocate for DMT is a man named Graham Hancock, who is on a one man mission to educate the world in ayahuasca and what he claims to be the " war on consciousness " which stops us from exploring altered states, even though most of the substances to do so are safe and non toxic. I would highly recommend looking at his videos if this post has peaked your interest in the subject. Also Joe rogan has a number of clips discussing DMT and are also very well worth watching! As well as an in dept documentary regarding humans trials using DMT to study its effects on people. All of this I'll post below.

Anyway, I hope some of you found this interesting. thanks for reading!!

Graham Hancock and Joe rogan discuss DMT

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XMpOhqqO4PE

The spirit Molecule, a DMT documentary covering a study on its effects

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ewdWBHh8hY8

Graham hancocks "banned" Tedtalk The war on consciousness

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0c5nIvJH7w

...weather you think it's the stairway to heaven, or merely the firing of synapse, I think most would agree it's worth the fascination people have towards it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

I am not reading a single word of that fuking novel you posted

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

It's the holy grail man.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭jaymes420

I am not reading a single word of that fuking novel you posted

Well im sorry for your limited attention span, but something as complex as DMT can't be appreciated or explained with a few words. Better stick to Twitter ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Not reading any of this. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

I read it and you're just looking to score some drugs,

hit me up when you get some, a trip through the cosmos of space and time is just what I need

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Sounds great with the whole higher sense of self profoundness meanings wrapped in meanings to the universe and infinity beyond. Great stuff but tell me this, why are druggies such space cadets.

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Sounds great with the whole higher sense of self profoundness meanings wrapped in meanings to the universe and infinity beyond. Great stuff but tell me this, why are druggies such space cadets.

probably the same way your such a bubbly person

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭areu4real?

Tried it twice. It's everything you wrote and more. But completely different. But the same. Setting is the MOST important thing. Tried it first at a party, we were lying out in the grass but could still heard music/chatter etc. This kept creeping into the trip and almost bringing you back to reality. Second time, we sat outside in the car, windows slightly down (the stuff stinks), select a 10-15 min track of your most relaxing music and let it take you. Epic mate, truly. I've tried all you listed above too and nothing compares. It's similar to salvia but much cleaner I suppose the word is. And after you come back you feel fresh as a daisy. We had smoked a lot of weed that day but after we got out of the car our eyes were crystal clear and I felt refreshed. You can't promote the use of drugs here so I'll just say this: Don't not do it.

The molecules in the brain does be buzzin.

Insane in the membrane...

• Advertisement

Always been very keen to try it bit also apprehensive about what changes it could make to my psyche. Lsd was great but dmt sounds so much more altering.

jaymes420 wrote: »
    Well im sorry for your limited attention span, but something as complex as DMT can't be appreciated or explained with a few words. Better stick to Twitter ;)

I'm actually very aware on DMT and psychedelics and do know where to get them. No backseat modding here, but unfortunately for you, asking about where to acquire them like you did in a part of the OP I randomly spotted is a no no here.

Seriously though, if you haven't done it before then (I can't believe I'm advising this) you should have already had experience with 'lighter' psychedelics first for a general idea of what to expect and as a way of not going completely into such a crazy experience unprepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I have tripped like this on drugs.

And I firmly believe.

ITS THE ****ING DRUGS THAT ARE CAUSING HALLUCINATIONS.

It's just your dreams pouring into your waking time.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Too old for that carry on now but 15 years ago i would have wolfed it down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

There's a good VICE doc on it here, though it's about the drug in its natural form & not synthesised

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

I've heard Joe Rogan talk some bollocks about this stuff. He's the annoying type of stoner who doesn't think he's a stoner.

It's just a drug that causes hallucinations. There's nothing special or spiritual about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Ah Jesus, not another pro drugs thread:rolleyes: That kind of crap is exactly why drugs shouldn't be legalised. Fecks sake, it's bad enough having to listen to drunken ramblings when you're sober but an evangelical stoner is so much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

and causes absolutely no harmful or negative effects

Two words: Syd Barrett.

Two more words: Brian Wilson. While we're at it, John Lennon. And Peter Green.

The danger of psychotropic drugs is how they can unlock any previously dormat issues, like schizophrenia, as in the case of Barrett, or the complete and utter annihilation of the self (the ego), as in the case of Lennon.

Lennon came back from the brink but Barrett never did. While I'm intrigued by your post and DMT, and that video of the guy on the beach is cool, I'd be very wary of saying "no harmful effects". I've experienced trips and they've all been positive. But something that makes me question my very existence? This could lead to either a dangerous psychotic reaction, or induce depression or any number of negative things.

Let us know how you get on though! :)

I've heard Joe Rogan talk some bollocks about this stuff. He's the annoying type of stoner who doesn't think he's a stoner.

[B¡]It's just a drug that causes hallucinations. There's nothing special or spiritual about it.[/b]

I'm going to assume you have never experienced DMT?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

I'm going to assume you have never experienced DMT?

No, but i understand chemistry/biology and also the fact that there is no such thing as a "spirit"

• Advertisement

No, but i understand chemistry/biology and also the fact that there is no such thing as a "spirit"

Wasn't actually addressing the spiritual part, I'm in agreement with you there, but more the writing it off as being 'just a drug' as if it was the same as any other and also saying it's not special. If you believe these then you might as well try it once as long as you're open to changing your opinions on it, because I'd bet money that you would. You WILL have an undescribable experience.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

...weather you think it's the stairway to heaven, or merely the firing of synapse, I think most would agree it's worth the fascination people have towards it.

Aw, look, the op discovered dmt and thought nobody has ever heard of it before and haven't already start threads about it.

I smoked dmt twice in my life, amazing familiar feeling as soon as the hits takes effect and that's almost instantaneously. Would defo do I again.

Most people will have to make do with their first psychedelic experience being 40 odd days before they're born and then everytime they've slept.

Ah Jesus, not another pro drugs thread:rolleyes: That kind of crap is exactly why drugs shouldn't be legalised. Fecks sake, it's bad enough having to listen to drunken ramblings when you're sober but an evangelical stoner is so much worse.

How old are you? I ask because your body releases dmt every time you fall asleep, its what makes you dream, you big druggy!!

Too old for that carry on now but 15 years ago i would have wolfed it down

You've been having full on dmt experiences every single time you fallen asleep, even 40 days before you were born, in fact dmt is so familiar when tried while awake its quite astounding

Always been very keen to try it bit also apprehensive about what changes it could make to my psyche. Lsd was great but dmt sounds so much more altering.

You have experienced a dmt trip every time you sleep, even before you were born actually

If it doesn't give the horn what's the point?

Lets say you're 30 yoa and we multiply that by 365 night sleeps, you've experienced 10,951 times at the very least, you big space cadet ya

Lets say you're 30 yoa and we multiply that by 365 night sleeps, you've experienced 10,951 times at the very least, you big space cadet ya

Why the need to rationalise ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

It's nothing compared to a lukewarm pint of Carslberg.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

How old are you? I ask because your body releases dmt every time you fall asleep, its what makes you dream, you big druggy!!

I'm 42 and usually way too shattered at night to remember any dreams I have, except for the truly bizarre ones that I try to forget. :D

Advertisement