Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DMT, also known as the " spirit Molecule "

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Nucular Arms

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

jaymes420 wrote: »
    DMT also exists naturally in the human brain, ( and is produced by most if not all living organisms) and some thorize that it's produced in humans in the mysterious Pineal gland, which is a little understood gland which is located in the center of the brain,...in other cultures this is known as the third eye.
    The ancient Egyptians were obsessed by it, and the power they believed it held regarding consciousness , " the seat of the soul" I beleived they called it, and interestingly, when the gland is sliced in two, perfectly resembles the eye of Horus. (Not an accident).
    I don't think that's all true. The Egyptians put little to no value on the brain, that's why they scouped it out with a hook. It's very unlike the Egyptians to treat something they value like that. As far as I know the pineal being labeled the "seat of the soul" is a fairly recent development based on scientific research into the gland and people jumping to conclusions.

The third eye in ancient cultures had nothing to do with the pineal gland, it's just people today adding 4 and 8 and getting leprechauns.

Drugs like this don't take you out of your body and into the universe, it's the exact opposite. They send you on a journey into your own mind, I think it's very important to be aware of that fact, it's makes taking them much more productive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I would be eternally greatful,

It's grateful, OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭I swindled the NSA

synthetic DMT ( the kind Im on a mission to find) DMT also exists naturally in the human brain.

Is eating brains the alternative ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Have been offered it once or twice at Life festival, I have declined, I tend to stick to weed, mandy and the odd acid tab, I might indulge in a little bit if its offered this year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Have been offered it once or twice at Life festival, I have declined, I tend to stick to weed, mandy and the odd acid tab, I might indulge in a little bit if its offered this year.

It's not really something I'd do at a festival

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

I wasted a full hour watching a documentary on this soe time ago.

Drug users/advocates of drug use try to make taking drugs and being high seem as something far more profound than it actually is. So really the whole "spirit molecule" that causes you to see into the afterlife and meet God according to some users is just screwing with your brain chemistry to such a high degree that it seems as if you've transcended time, space and even life itself.

I do think it's an interesting chemical but it certainly isn't a key to the ****ing cosmos.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

robman60 wrote: »
    I wasted a full hour watching a documentary on this soe time ago.

Drug users/advocates of drug use try to make taking drugs and being high seem as something far more profound than it actually is. So really the whole "spirit molecule" that causes you to see into the afterlife and meet God according to some users is just screwing with your brain chemistry to such a high degree that it seems as if you've transcended time, space and even life itself.

I do think it's an interesting chemical but it certainly isn't a key to the ****ing cosmos.
    Drug use was traditionally seen as the route to god, it's very likely that all religion is based in drug use. Hallucinogenic like these can really challenge your perception of the world. Even if it's just that the drug highlights how easily your perception can be completely taken over.

But because you're taking a trip through your own subconscious mind it can be profound, it is a very personal experience. It's impossible to explain it though, so I'm never going to convince you with words.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭circadian

nm wrote: »
    It's not really something I'd do at a festival

Unless you're in your tent and your mates are fairly compus mentus. The trip doesn't usually last too long but it is incredibly intense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭I swindled the NSA

ScumLord wrote: »
    Drug use was traditionally seen as the route to god, it's very likely that all religion is based in drug use. .

The book of revelation in particular reads like an account of a really bad trip ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

I read it and you're just looking to score some drugs
    or create market awareness of a product?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

robman60 wrote: »

I don't think the poster literally meant it would take you to the cosmos ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Drugs like this don't take you out of your body and into the universe, it's the exact opposite. They send you on a journey into your own mind, I think it's very important to be aware of that fact, it's makes taking them much more productive.
    There's nothing productive about insanity. What you're seeing isn't real, it's made up inside your own mind so doesn't offer you any objective truth. Only subjective and probably what you already subconsciously believed anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

How do you explain people having VERY similar experiences when using DMT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Another one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

The type of people who want to take these drugs/have these experiences will usually research them beforehand. This in turn will influence the experience that they have.

There is nothing supernatural or cosmic about this stuff (or any other drug for that matter) and it doesn't "connect" you with anyone or anything else. It is a substance that alters your brain chemistry much like numerous other substances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

i like the subject but im not reading all that either
    im out

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

Are you genuinely arguing that there might be anything even remotely spiritual about taking a psychotropic substance and then hallucinating on said substance? Sure, it COULD be because everyone who takes DMT goes on a magical cosmic journey. Or.... They're just tripping balls :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

diograis wrote: »
    Are you genuinely arguing that there might be anything even remotely spiritual about taking a psychotropic substance and then hallucinating on said substance? Sure, it COULD be because everyone who takes DMT goes on a magical cosmic journey. Or.... They're just tripping balls :P

That's some leap!

Advertisement