Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals on Prosecco

Options
  • 11-05-2015 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,
    Would anyone know if there are any deals on Prosecco in any of the supermarkets?
    Looking to purchase about 40 or so bottles for a drinks reception.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 dubby1978

I bought a 1.5 litre bottle in Lidl a few weeks back for €9.99

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dunit

great, i will try that this evening.
    Thanks for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ! Amityville

Hi Dunit,
    Lidl have a nice prosecco frizzante for €7.99 (screw top)
    and a bubblier version for €11.99.
    There is a cheap bottle of bubbly called Charlemagne - it's only about 5%, so very easy drinking for people who don't actually like real champagne, but I wouldn't recommend it for your whole party. Go for the €7.99 one.
    Have a great party!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

If theres a non sparkiling white (or red) wine that you regularly buy and think would be enjoyed by your guests, buy that instead and just bring a couple of sodastreams with you to the reception (we had our own and borrowed a second one from a friend). Everyone was delighted with our "sparkling wine" choice on the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

jmorrisey wrote: »
    If theres a non sparkiling white (or red) wine that you regularly buy and think would be enjoyed by your guests, buy that instead and just bring a couple of sodastreams with you to the reception (we had our own and borrowed a second one from a friend). Everyone was delighted with our "sparkling wine" choice on the day

Nice one I love it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Pinot grigio is like non-fizzy prosecco. Don't know if it would be any cheaper to carbonate it though than to buy prosecco.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

beauty of what we do with the sodastream is we have control of the levels of fizz we put in. If we want to add some more kick to our favourite red we just pump in few more bubbles

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mirkat80

Has anyone tried this prosecco, €7.99 in Tesco?
    Amanti Prosecco Frizzante Spago
    Tempting as there's an extra 5% off if you order 6 bottles, but is it muck?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Poochie05

mirkat80 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this prosecco, €7.99 in Tesco?
    Amanti Prosecco Frizzante Spago
    Tempting as there's an extra 5% off if you order 6 bottles, but is it muck?

We like it

Advertisement