Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to reheat chilli

• 11-05-2015 9:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I made some chilli con carne for the first time last night and it was pretty spectacular. ;)

But what's the story with reheating it.
    Can it be reheated after I leave it in the fridge overnight.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

usually make a pot in the slow cooker on a sunday/monday and it will keep in the fridge for about a week if not longer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Hi
    I made some chilli con carne for the first time last night and it was pretty spectacular. ;)

But what's the story with reheating it.
    Can it be reheated after I leave it in the fridge overnight.
    Thanks.

Absolutely. And if it was spectacular on initial eating, it will be better (whats better than spectacular?) next time. Enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

OK thanks.
    I just realised that this thread could be seen as food safety advice so wrap it up mods! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,129 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Reheat in microwave or in a pot over a gentle heat. Best practice would be to only reheat what you need - not the whole lot so you're not repeatedly reheating your dish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,790 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OK thanks.
    I just realised that this thread could be seen as food safety advice so wrap it up mods! :eek:

Asking how to reheat it is fine. You will generally get good advice.

Asking how safe it would be to reheat it is different & that would not be permitted.

Enjoy your chili!

tHB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Chilli is always better a day or more later.

I like frying it if I'm in a rush, otherwise leave it in the slow cooker to heat up.

If you're frying it, try cracking in an egg or two...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

OldBean wrote: »
    Chilli is always better a day or more later.

I like frying it if I'm in a rush, otherwise leave it in the slow cooker to heat up.

If you're frying it, try cracking in an egg or two...

Frying it???? Goodness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

galljga1 wrote: »
    (whats better than spectacular?)

Spec-fcking-tacular!

Also, frying? What is this sorcery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

gentle reheat as many portions as you need in a small pot, or just bung it in the popty ping (microwave).

Make it, let it cool, divide it into portions and freeze/refregerate then reheat each portion as you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

katydid wrote: »
    Frying it???? Goodness.
    Spec-fcking-tacular!

Also, frying? What is this sorcery?

Really? You haven't tried it?

The morning/lunch/day after, sort yourself out a portion size of your liking, heat a frying pan up and put in some good butter or cheap olive oil, and fry to your liking. Potentially a good time to add more spices if needed, or as I mentioned, frying an egg into it and popping it into a tortilla for breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,790 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

As per the forum charter - Asking for or giving safety advice is forbidden in the forum. This is due to a number of factors...
    • The person seeking advice generally be best placed to judge themselves as they would generally know how the items was stored, cooked, refrigerated.
    • They can smell, see, touch the item - random people on the internet cannot.
    • This is the internet - some people purposefully give misleading advice. Some give good advice, but some don't know the difference.
    • As mods it is our duty to ensure that boards.ie is not open to legal action. And this may arise if someone took bad food safety advice given in these forums.

Golden rule: If in doubt - chuck it out.

Now - back on-topic please.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Elliottsmum79

Just to add, I normally add a good glug of red wine and some extra tomato puree when reheating chilli and it works a treat...

Advertisement